[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ I've recently come to aquire many older tvs, not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 82-196-164-06.jpg (8KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
82-196-164-06.jpg
8KB, 300x225px
Hey /diy/ I've recently come to aquire many older tvs, not too old maybe late 90s early 2000s, anyway I want to see if I can hook it all up to my singular cable box, and have them all display same sound and image, pic related is the type of cable, I think it's called composite. Would it work? Am I autistic? Just lookin for a hand guys thanks.
>>
Think I should try /g/ next, they seem to know electronics but a hand would be great
>>
smells of troll. nobody is this retarded.
>>
>>1187123
Do a search for "composite cable spltter".

You could also use coaxial cable splitters, if your cable box has a coaxial output. Might be slightly less quality, but probably cheaper and easier to split, especially if you really have "many" TVs. You can still go to just about any electronics or hardware store and get coax splitters, and you can chain them endlessly (albeit with increasing signal loss) if you really need that many TVs.
>>
>>1187123
Yeah it will work ok you can get stacking phono leads for stereo equipment, they only have red and white for audio but it will still work for yellow video it might just look a bit shit I guess if it picks up interference.
If you chain too many your box might get upset at you, some tvs might work better than others, you might have to play with the order in the chain, some might work in different positions in the chain from the box.
You can get equipment to split the signal and amplify the signal at the same time. There will still be loss and degradation and shit because its analog, no scope for error correction.

There is no guarantee that the video and audio will be all exactly in sync, the video won't be obvious but the audio will, just mute or don't connect audio that's out of step if you need to.

Composite splitters might be a little niche, if you switch to rf you might find equipment easier, multiswitches are dime a dozen.
>>
>>1187134
>>1187133
Thanks dudes, I'll see if I can pick some up sometime soon, have a good one
>>
>>1187134
Lots of vague info here.

You do NOT double up on composite video without a distribution amp unless you monitors have a high impedance input which most domestic monitors never had.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kramer-1-20-Programmable-Video-Audio-Distributor-VM-20ARII-Distribution-Amp-/131974858158

here, video distribution amp, as (righteously..) suggested by above anon - 4 in, 20 out, ie - you can select between 4 plugged-in input sources and up to 20 outputs - Quality shit, yours for $15 and, you dont wanna know what these puppys costed when new.

Basically, you plugging in lots of tvs, youll need an amp, see also Extron, old Sony gear, etc. What they more or less all have in common over cheap Chinkshit amps, they use BNC plugs for video (audios normal phono connectors), as the professionals choice. Just get a pile of small phono-BNC adapters, cost buttons, and attach to the ends of your cable if you using those triple phono cables, as per pic. If you doing long runs (or even at all) you should actually be using proper 75Ohm coax cable with BNCs for video, and adapter from BNC to phono socket if needed, but, its not vital, you'll notice when a cable is too long, or too shit.
>>
>>1187123
Don't forget a digital to analog signal converter
>>
>>1188857
Back. The. Fuck. Up.
Jew telling me monitors were low impedance?
So you could not go to say, monoprice
(and I bought 50' VGA cables, 30' HDMI cables, 25' headphone cables, and tons of splitters from monoprice) and split a shit ton of composite signals for things like pirating a ton of VHS cassettes? This predates the internet so I don't expect an answer.
>>
>>1189610
you were buying HDMI cables to pirate VHS cassettes? You either a man in advance of his time, or, one far behind it.. Dont think I've ever seen a VHS player with HDMI, but, be happy to be proved wrong..
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.