[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My parents bought a plastic shed. I need to install it. We have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

My parents bought a plastic shed. I need to install it. We have a concrete slab from the old shed that isn't really an even surface and has some bolt heads sticking up in some areas. The slab level is too low and there is a ton of water that comes in that area that would flood the shed. What can I do to make floor for the shed?
>>
File: 009066140125[1].jpg (426KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
009066140125[1].jpg
426KB, 900x900px
>>1186800
Get some pliers, place them on the slab and build a wooden floor on top of them.
>>
>>1186866
Those are weird looking pliers. Where are the handles?
>>
>>1186866
Piers ?
>>
I made mine with 2x6's and 3/4" plywood. Raised off the ground and leveled with bricks and wood shims about every 4'. Sealed the bottom edge where the shed meets the floor with roofing cement.
>>
>>1186882
>>1186887
Spellcheck failure. Piers.
>>
Alternatively if you have a good eye, loads of time, and a respirator, buy a diamond cup grinding wheel and sand it level. I recently attempted on my front porch (8'x8') and made it better though not prefect because I'm impatient. Protip: reduce dust and wear by keeping the water hose flowing where you're grinding. Do take care not to get electrocuted though.
>>
>>1186800

Built a wooden frame the size of the shed floor using 2x4s and 2x2s, and a couple sheets of 3/4 inch plywood. Used some 6 inch tall cinder blocks to raise it off the ground. Some people have instructions on youtube. With these plastic sheds you don't need much

This was for a 7x7 foot Rubbermade Roughneck. (Check the dimensions on the manual not the box, it's 7 feet by 7 feet 2 inches.
>>
>>1186800
>The slab level is too low and there is a ton of water that comes in that area that would flood the shed.
>>1186944
>buy a diamond cup grinding wheel and sand it level.
How much do you sand off to get it high enough for water to not flood it?
>>
>>1186944
Tons of work, I wouldn't and I grind concrete every day. Piers, or buy topping compound such as self leveller and follow the instructions. Make sure it's exterior grade (and frost safe if you live in cold enough climates).
>>
I would decide how much higher shed needs to be and build a frame around existing slab to pour more concrete <with anchorage to existing if necessary> check frame for perfect level, pour new slab, wait for new slab to cure, remove framework and enjoy.
>>
Ask your father why he's such a failure as a dad that he didn't teach you how to build a real shed instead of making you set up some home Depot shit he just bought and expected it to be perfect
>>
>>1186866
this is easiest solution since your existing slab gets flooded. build a new floor on piers on top of old slab. place plastic shed on new floor.
>>
Don't know anything about concrete, but why couldn't you just form up around the old one and pour like 2-3 more inches of concrete on top of the old slab?
>>
>>1186800
Demo and start over, I seriously doubt that pad is below freeze line
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.