[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought an old trailer and I am wanting to turn it into a flat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2003.jpg (71KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2003.jpg
71KB, 600x400px
Bought an old trailer and I am wanting to turn it into a flat deck / toy hauler. Would I need to beef up the frame or could I just put a deck on it and be good to go?
Pic related
>>
>>1185760
OP, you seriously could have built a flat deck trailer for much less time, effort, and money.
What on earth was the logic here?
>>
>>1185766
Haha okay bud, less money than the 150 the trailer cost me? Plus whatever the 2x6 decking will cost
>>
>>1185766
But I'm glad you know how to read other people's opinions on Google lmao
>>
>hey bra do I have to reinforce dis thing

Depends what you are hauling eh fucko?

are you fucking retarded? Weld some iron across it and slap some 2 / 8's on it. Fucking morons, sage.
>>
>>1185814
>diy board
>diy question
>he is this asspained...
Op, if u hauling cars and shit u might want better axles. Campers are kinda heavy though once full of your shit, so you should be fine with 4 wheelers and shit on it. Onr maybe thin sheet metal sides for toy hauler.
>>
>>1185760
Turn it into a cargo container.
>>
We can't see the frame. How about scrapping the top then inspecting the frame including measuring the thickness and dimensions of the metal then checking out actual trailer build threads in welding forums etc?

It may do as a very light hauler. You'll have to add some metal and decking, but your local prices at metal suppliers aren't something we would know here.
>>
>>1185760
Puncture the propapne tank with an axe at high velocity.
>>
>>1186060
That's kinda what I was thinking thanks man
>>
>>1186089
Fuck that, grab the tanks (which if they are OPD style can be refilled or exchanged, and if full and not OPD ya can still use them up on your BBQ) and gank the appliance(s) they feed if worth saving.
>>
whats the weight capacity of the trailer? Will the axles and springs carry the weight of a car? Thats gonna be the determining factor. Otherwise, build out a platform and some ramps. See what happens.
>>
>>1185760
gut it, throw some solar panels on it and make it your 12VDC get away home
>>
>>1186081
>How about scrapping the top

Can you jack it up and separate the camper body from the frame? Then pull the frame out, lower the body onto some joist framing and have a tiny house out in the woods.
>>
>>1185760
Dude, that's like, a huge tiny home! You could live like the king of the tiny home people with that! Don't cut off a thing or your vassals won't respect you!
>>
>>1190411
I've got 2 mobile homes and 2 trailers, don't need another camper sitting around even if it's on a frame not a trailer but I like the idea of that. Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to just seperate them , if it is maybe I'll use it as a small tool shed or an out house or something lol
>>
Basically i just want the frame to haul dirt, water barrels, shrubs and tree branches i clean off the property, garbage to the dump, And maaaybe a quad or a couple dirtbikes. Not all at once obviously but yeah just something Pretty sturdy. I'm thinking of tearing it down to the frame and just getting 2x12 boards and bolting them to the frame itself. Also the pic I posted isn't the actual trailer I bought but kinda similar
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.