[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello guys, I have a raspberry pi zero and I want to do an interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Raspberry-Pi-Zero-web.jpg (302KB, 688x479px) Image search: [Google]
Raspberry-Pi-Zero-web.jpg
302KB, 688x479px
Hello guys, I have a raspberry pi zero and I want to do an interesting project with it involving electronics/programming. I know Python and I have moderate/advanced knowledge in electronics, I want to do something useful and somewhat impressive, I am looking for ideas and possibly some pointers to places in which I can find guides for parts of or the whole project.
>>
anal piss
>>
>>1185531
anal piss
>>
I considered getting one for $5 the last time I was at Micro Center for a free 32 jigglybutt μSD, but then I saw I can get one elsewhere with onboard 802.11 for $10, so I didn't.

>>1185531
/g/ may have some eye dears for you, if you can tolerate the cringe there.
>>
Hook it up to some NiMHs and solar cells for some wireless shenanigans? Design it as separate modules that can dock easily and be delivered by drone to somewhere otherwise inaccessible and pretend you're a space program?
>>
pee from you're butt
>>
Make a single use microwave-on indicator.
>>
>>1185543
I just came from there I was told to install gentoo.
>>
Make an underground shelter out of it

Oh wait
>>
>>1185631
You actually can install Gentoo on a Raspberry Pi. I wouldn't recommend it. Takes extra time and effort for usually no real benefit. It's mostly a hobby distro, used by those with little real need for a computer, so they like simple tasks to be overly complicated so they can feel productive/accomplished without putting in the effort to actually do or learn anything.
>>
>>1185531
it's a full computer, do anything on it you would do on a full (albeit terribly spec'd) computer. get an arduino next time and make yourself a crazy sex toy
>>
>>1185531
>https://samy.pl/poisontap/
>>
>>1185638
Huh? Took like an afternoon to get it up. It really does well in a resource constrained environment, since you don't pull in every dependency and their mom when wanting to use trivial shit.
>>
if I had one, I'd stick it in a small keyboard, and make holes for all the ports. Boom, tiny computer anywhere, perfect for firing off a few network commands
>>
>>1185966
A whole afternoon? A Debbie bistro takes two minutes.
>>
>>1185973
I do that on my phone, with JuiceSSH.
>>
>>1186003
Your phone can't hardwire into a network
>>
File: 2_5121.jpg (25KB, 431x512px) Image search: [Google]
2_5121.jpg
25KB, 431x512px
>>1186309
There's no need to lug around a keyboard just for entering a few commands more quickly on billable time.
>>
>>1185973
It would be even more convenient with a battery and display :DDD
>>
>>1185531
being as how this is here anyway - anyone got an/pointer to idiots guide to setting up an ftp server with one of these?, ta.
>>
>>1185531
you know what I have wanted for some time : Bluetooth or Near-Field front-door lock.
Walk up to door with phone in pocket ; click : door unlocks.
I will have it some day.
>>
>>1185531
> HAY DIY I BOUGHT JUNK THAT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT NOW HELP ME BEKUZ I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

I love these threads. We are not you. We do not know what interests you, what you could use, what tools you have, what skillsets you have. If you weren't such a trend following /g/tard you would not be in this position.

Now run along back to your consumershit fagfest.
>>
>>1186503
HEY GUYS I GOT A CAR WHERE DO I GO???
>>
>>1185531
Security camera system
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GG7tiSbZ1E
>>
>>1185543
yea right, the consumer fags took over /g/ rarely do we have a good thread but when we do there's an extreme difference in what is talked about.
>>1185531
the project is really up to you, automating garage stuff, automated light stuff, temperature weather station stuff.. what kind of place do you live in, what are you allowed to do?
>>
>>1185531
seriously, you buy it if you have a project.
buying it and trying to find a project is just plain stupid
>>
>>1186509
tell me more
>>
>>1185531
Solar powered TOR exit node. Hack someones wifi (or use a free wifi) find a discrete place and leave it there forever. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>1187831
no no make it self hacking
>>
>>1187831
Why would you want to facilitate CP distribution?
>>
Have it engage a motorised dildo lodged in your ass whenever you make a post
>>
Você está na Conta Corrente [Exception in:/WEB-INF/jsp/tiles/cabecalhoPvtCombo.jsp] null java.lang.NullPointerException at br.com.bb.aapf.jsp.util.MetodosUteis.formataAgenciaConta(MetodosUteis.java:274) at jsp_servlet._web_45_inf._jsp._tiles.__cabecalhopvtcombo._jspService(__cabecalhopvtcombo.java:111) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:184) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:526) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:447) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:163) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(TilesUtilImpl.java:137) at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.doInclude(Tiles
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.