[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys! I ripped up my kitchen floor to find half of the files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 20170530_210120.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_210120.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys! I ripped up my kitchen floor to find half of the files were laid on mdf on top of the floorboards. The other half was laid on concrete because it is an extension...

Now.. how do I smooth this off without raising it too much. I know I can knock it down a bit but there are holes at the edges which makes me nervous that there is a shit storm underneath. So I would rather not..

Any ideas?

Pics to follow
>>
>>1185487
Apologies for the pic. My phone being a dick. Better pics to follow.
>>
Ok, I have straightened them up..
>>
>>
>>
>>
Any help in the best way of smoothing that concrete part so i can relay tiles without raising the level too much appreciated
>>
>>1185487
My first bit if advice would be to put the floor back over it and pretend you never saw it.

But if you're dead set on leveling this off, you need to remove all those little broken bits of concrete until you have big chunks and then put some floor lever on it until its at a gradient you're comfortable with or your flooring will bend to. Good luck, I'm sorry your floor is shit.
>>
>>1185487
Get as much life insurance as possible, Then drive to the ghetto and yell nigger until someone kills you.

Then your remaining family members can use the insurance money to fix the floor and go about their lives.
>>
is it really concrete or just something like thinset over something else? The mesh suggests it's a thin layer....
>>
What are you putting over it?

Looks like somebody did a lathe and mortar bed for the tile, which is old school and a solid floor. You could rent a rotary hammer and bust it out of there.

But what I'd probably do is put plywood down on the wood side to get close to the level of the concrete, then pour self-leveling compound over all of it.
>>
thanks Guys, OP here, maybe ill burn the house down
>>
>>1185497
looks like the mesh and the cement are slapped over the boards underneath. Try verifying that and if so, just lift the mesh with the concrete from the tiles and you should get a fully leveled wooden floor to work with
>>
>>1187740
this, you might be in for a long day of removing thinset. The mesh may actually help though since you can lift it up.

Good luck OP
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.