[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ i think i'm gonna need your help. so i was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: fridge.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fridge.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
Hey /diy/
i think i'm gonna need your help.

so i was thinking of buying a mini fridge (pic related) and turning it into a mini AC unit.

now i know that fridges blow hot air out the back so i was thinking of making some some sort of tube with a fan to blow it out the window and another fan that's gonna blow the cool air from the fridge into the room.

i'm a noob with electronics so could use some help on how to attach the fans to it (just gonna use normal PC fans)
>>
>>1185457
t. Rube Goldberg
>>
File: pc.jpg (307KB, 1184x888px) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
307KB, 1184x888px
i should add that it's gonna be sitting on my PC which is like 30cm (1 foot) away from the window
>>
>>1185457

You can buy a small ac window unit just about anywhere for 100 usd sometimes less
>>
>>1185465
not in eastern europe you don't

they're all 300+
>>
>>1185457
First of all
Estimate the r value of your room, how well insulated it is.
Then the thermal mass of the room, how much air you need to cool and by how much you want to cool it.
This should give you the energy you need to remove
Then wave your wand and from the efficiency of the medium used and the power drawn by the appliance you can work out if it can cool the room and by how much
Pro-tip: It won't, and by 0 degrees.
Fridges and freezers are fucking shit at making things cold, they are only vaguely good at keeping things cold. Try it if you want no shit off my nose. Ideally just jam it out a window like an air conditioner, otherwise duct tape and flexible ducting are your friends. Insulation around the duct(anything even bubble wrap) and keeping the duct as short as possible will give you a sporting chance.
If you want to keep cool indoors with a freezer try making ice overnight then put your feet in a basin of ice water and crack a beer during the day.
>>
>>1185457
simple:
make a hole in the wall place the fridge so that its back is outside open its door and feel the cool breeze in your hair
>>
File: mini fridge btu.png (43KB, 602x599px) Image search: [Google]
mini fridge btu.png
43KB, 602x599px
>>1185457
>so i was thinking of buying a mini fridge (pic related) and turning it into a mini AC unit.

A dorm fridge moves about 100 BTU/hour. A small window-mount air conditioner moves about 5000 BTU/hour (50 times as powerful as a dorm fridge).
>>
Sorry Eastern Europe, you can't use fridge as ac
>>
>>1185941
Dayum familia
Whelp thanks for the red pill /diy/

I'll just make an air cooler like on youtube but I'll atleast try to make the space that's containing the chilled water very insulated.
And make it look somewhat nice. Cause those things look like an actual bum made them.
Will post progress
>>
not enough power and not made for that kind of duty cycle, at least according to that one episode of The Simpsons. Look into other options. Maybe put cold stuff inside you.
>>
>>1186808
Good. At least you already have the mini fridge to cool the water for your swamp cooler.
>>
>>1185468
>and crack a beer during the day
So is a warm beer enough?
>>
Having it near your pc will fuck with your internet connection.
>>
>>1185457
NASA grade duct tape and cardboard engeneering time.
>>
>>1185457
The refrigerant compressor can't handle that kind of duty cycle and it's too small anyway.
Buy a real ac unit
>>
>>1186808
>red pill
Fuck off back to /pol/ you slavic poor piece of shit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.