[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can I flame broil my entire lawn, grass and weed, till the dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

can I flame broil my entire lawn, grass and weed, till the dead stuff under and then re-sod?? faster than taking off the top layer with a sod cutter
>>
>>1183665
Sure. Might consider spraying a pre-emergant for broad leaves and just seeding after tilling though. Less work, just like the lazy trolling you're trying to accomplish with this thread.
>>
>>1183670
I am trying to avoid the use of herbicides. My main concern is does all the dead plant material affect the soil once its all tilled in? I assume the plant matter will all be dead and dry and not composting
>>
>>1183665
>>1183671
It will compost and enrich the soil. I use boiling water to do the same thing.
>>
>>1183665
Just cover your yard in black plastic for a week. No fire hazard and sure as shit dead yard.

Summer would be optimal time to do this.
>>
File: 1471721935352.png (34KB, 203x149px) Image search: [Google]
1471721935352.png
34KB, 203x149px
>>1183740
>cover your yard with black plastic for a week in summer
>no fire hazard
>>
>>1183740
>We're 100% black!
>>
>>1183750
It is common practice for farmers to do that for killing weeds.
>>
If you seed clover after killing all the grass, you won't need to mow anymore.
>>
>>1183763
or use gasoline. gasoline isn't an herbicide
>>
>>1183671
What do you think soil is made of, anon?
>>
>>1183864
if i till without kill, doesnt that affect soil quality?? changes in PH etc
>>
can I agent orange my entire lawn, grass and weed, till the dead stuff under and then re-sod?? faster than taking off the top layer with a daisy cutter
>>
>>1183751
Me too
>>
house I grew up in, neightbor burned his lawn every year. it always grew back a nice green and weed free.
>>
>>1184194
Top kek
>>
>>1183671
Why would it?
Small fires take place in the wild all of the time, and it only helps the ecosystem.
If you think about it, all you're doing with fire is encouraging the breakup of cells into their constituent components, eventually proteins, amino acids, and raw elements. These components are all usable by plants, some better than others. In fact, you would probably be hard pressed to find dirt that couldn't grow a plant at all, again some better than others. People have even grown plants (shitty ones) without any dirt at all.

You may be grossly underestimating the power of mother nature. Living things are very hardy. Once you can confirm growth is starting, as long as you maintain that environment, they will keep growing.
>>
>>1183671
>no chemicals
>spraying firey hydrocarbons is ok

Hippies are so fucking lazy these days they don't even notice the problem here
>>
propane as you see in the picture burns remarkably cleanly. The plant material will put off more carbon than the propane will. If you have a problem with that, take it up with forest fires before beating up on this dude that just wants a green lawn.
>>
Cover the lawn with newspapers a few pages thick and then sod over that.

Boom.
>>
File: 8c3[1].jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3[1].jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>1184862
Water and Carbon Dioxide?
>C3H8 + 5O2 = 3CO2 + 4H2O
>>
>>1183665
the stalk base of a blade of grass can be fire resistant depending on the breed (are there natural wildfires in your area?)
If yes then you'll just burn off the blade and then the grass will grow back the same.
>>
>>1185630
Some weeds are really troublesome and grow through that shit unfortunately.
>>
>>1183740
Old glass windows will do it in 2 hours. We replaced onee and coockwd a swuare spot in som suburban soccer mom cunts yard. Had to resod because people cant just mow thier yard and fucking live their life.
>>
>>1183763
Thats a bready good idea anon
>>
>>1184248
We burn every pasture around twice a year or so. Sucks my ass for stink like hell and allergies. Faggot fucking cows get good green grass out of it for shitting all over my live and tounge fucking the paint off my car.

God i fucking hate cows...
>>
File: ATHF.png (30KB, 1297x387px) Image search: [Google]
ATHF.png
30KB, 1297x387px
>>1185066
>"Hey Carl how come your house is all curled up?"
>>
>>1185679
Yeah but the dudes not gonna do that, he's lazy so he's gonna pour petrol everywhere and light it
>>
>>1183665
Just use broad spectrum weed killer then till.
>>
>>1183740
clear plastic is faster. Trim the lawn first, and you have to have the plastic tight.
>>
>>1183750
what is the fire hazard in that scenario? the plastic bursting into flame?
>>
>>1185679
Combustion is never that clean. There's always a bit of monoxide and other stuff, and nitrogen gets involved if it's hot enough.
>>
>>1183750
My dad covers his garden in black film every year, to widen the growing season since we're in Minnesota, eliminate the need for weeding, and maximize watering efficiency. Lays a soaker hose under it.
>>
Weed block rolls
Black painters plastic
Newspaper if they still exist
Roundup or general herbicide
A shovel
You choose.
>>
>>1183665
>till the dead stuff under and then re-sod

Massive amounts of roots will have to be raked out after tilling.

If you leave the roots to decompose (rot), you are going to get root rot in your new sod, tons of grubs, and generally be a total fail.

Kill it with herbicide and let it fry for a month, then come through with a sod cutter and wheelbarrows. Also, You'll want a case of beer and at least one gullible friend.
>>
If you do the fire method, just be prepared for every neighbor within a mile to be cussing you out every time they see you after they have had to clean ash and smoke-shit off their cars and windows.
>>
>>1187913
>helpful means gullible
these are the times we live in lads
>>
>>1187834
anon said NO fire hazard.
>>1187862
Interesting. I'd like to see a pic.
>>1188066
Yeah, nowadays you're a sucker, not a good friend of you so something for free.
>>
>>1186045
Lmao thanks anon this actually made me kek pretty good.
>>
>>1184194
yes
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.