[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't find a better place for this so bear with me. So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1204167025232.jpg (45KB, 450x478px) Image search: [Google]
1204167025232.jpg
45KB, 450x478px
I can't find a better place for this so bear with me.

So me and my stepdad are trying to do something for mum...

Her fence fell over due to rot (the support beams were in cement, but under the ground. Go figure it's a shittily made subdivision)

We spent almost the whole day trying to remove the cement columns that go into the ground.

Can someone tell me how fucking stupid of an idea this is? A day's work and nothing to show for it.

Tell me to tell him to just sink new holes (unless there's a process I'm unaware of? Maybe a jack hammer?)
>>
Ever hear of a 6ft wrecking bar and leverage you degenerates?
>>
>>1181905
We put a 10 ft 4x4 as a lever with straps around the cement and screws into it as well.

Snapped the 4x4 and bruised my ass.
And this thing is dug a little over 2 ft out already.
>>
just put your new posts and concrete right next to the old stuff. there's no reason to remove the concrete and then haul it away, you're looking at like what, 150 pounds per cubic foot of the stuff?
>>
>>1182062
Totes. Now I just have to convince him of that (he's a nuclear engineer so it's going to be tough)
>>
>>1182066
Did this shit for a living. Don't be a pussy.

For real, that shit is the worst. Build a fence? No problem, have that done in a day. REbuild a fence? Fuck, wish I brought my Bosch Hammer.
>>
>>1182080
What do you recommend? Jackhammer?
>>
>>1181894
>Maybe a jack hammer?
that'd be a good way to start
>>
>>1182098
Explain.

How would you go about it?
>>
>>1181894
Pain in the dick if there is rock.

If no rock rent a gas powered posthoke digger auger thing or dig by hand with post hole diggers.

I for one would just throw dirt over the okd shit and go on.
>>
>>1182012
Lol. Poor anon. Shit sucks. Just gotta dig around it or rent a jackhammer
>>
>>1182066
>nuclear engineer
>cant science enough to lift heavy shit like the Neanderthals did.

Fucking engineers....
>>
>>1182961
Rent a jackhammer and spend 10 minutes youtubing the technique.

Be prepared to get shaken baby syndrom and vibrate while u try and sleep all night.
>>
>>1182969
I've used jack hammers before.

My only fear is that I won't get deep enough to remove the wooden post that is submerged in the concrete.

I guess a sawzall might do the trick. But then I might have holes that aren't as deep as they need to be.
>>
>>1182970
you'd have to dig out around the concrete to get the chunks out
>>
>>1182985
Yeah. Alright I'll give it a go!
>>
What does this have to do with you having a bear to pal around with?
>>
File: crack a bear.png (86KB, 764x796px) Image search: [Google]
crack a bear.png
86KB, 764x796px
>>1183108
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.