[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage- Organization-Sheds-Garag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage-Organization-Sheds-Garages-Outdoor-Storage-Carports-Garages-Garages/N-5yc1vZbtyo?Nao=24&Ns=None

have you ever thought about buying one of these and putting it on a plot of land and living in it? would that even be allowed? not really sure about laws regarding shit like this
>>
It depends on where you put it.
Often the answer is 'No'.
>>
File: 20140208160549-a7a72f38-me.jpg (186KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
20140208160549-a7a72f38-me.jpg
186KB, 792x594px
one like this with real electric and insulation, and add plumbing? more likely. Depends on where in the world you put it.
>>
>>1181415
why something that shitty? you can get a more "house" looking shed like >>1181420

and yeah, you can totally get away with it provided you are so far out in the boonies that the municipality doesn't give a fuck about minimum square footage.

but getting a well and septic put in will be almost twice the cost of your cuck shed, so you might as well splurge and build something with a decent amount of square footage. shit, 3kw of solar will run you just as much as that shed and thats bare minimum for living off grid.

>its a newfag doesn't realize that utilities cost more than his tiny house pipe dream episode.
>>
>>1181415
For that much, you can buy a used mobile home. You'll have to pay 3-4k to get it set up, not including septic. This would still be cheaper than the shed, where you'd need to add insulation, plumbing, electricity, and a foundation.

There are few scenarios where this is reasonable though. The short term costs for either of these setups is low, but neither will hold their value when you go to sell. Also, its impossible to get a loan against either of these, so you'd have to pay out of pocket or suck up the 8-12% APR of a personal loan.

If you're in the states, look into a USDA Rural Development loan. They're cheap loans for homes outside of city limits. You don't have to put down a down-payment and the interest rates are 3.25% if your income is less than twice the median average for your area.
>>
>>1181511
My dad grew up using an outhouse and fetching water from a stream. What's wrong with that? Poverty is caused by fagots like you requiring luxuries.
>>
>>1181521
This. I knew a guy that bought two 5th wheels at auction (paid like 4k for both). Nice ones too. Pop outs and everything. He pulled the kitchen out of one for extra space. He hauled them out to the site with his truck, set them side by side with some space between, built a nice deck between them and covered it/screened it in. There was already power on site and he did almost everything himself. The biggest cost was septic.
>>
File: 1473489117362.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473489117362.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>1181535
>Poverty is caused by fagots like you requiring luxuries.
>indoor plumbing and electricity is a "luxury"
>>
>>1181535
poverty is caused by idiots that either can't start their own business or can't work their way up the chain or are too lazy to work.
>>
>>1181415
In some small towns you can get away doing it. I thought about doing it about 5 or 6 years ago.
>>
>>1181415
Laws are dependant on your governing municipality.

Where i live the only requirement for a habitable building is power hookup and running water inside the home.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.