[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently some fucking pisshead was wandering up the street

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Sledgehammer.png (203KB, 977x851px) Image search: [Google]
Sledgehammer.png
203KB, 977x851px
So apparently some fucking pisshead was wandering up the street last night, decided to run up my car bonnet and shoulder-drop straight into my windscreen.

Police suggested getting some of the hedges in the front of the garden removed but I'm thinking about just putting the garden wall through and making myself a drive.

I've got a fairly large garden that wraps around 3 sides of the house, and the front is already gravelled and not used for anything, and so would be perfect for a drive to park the car to get it off the street (already had my tires slashed this year as well). Would also facilitate getting some CCTV put in as right now the street parking is obscured anyway.

Just wondering how much money and what permissions I'd need to get rid of the wall in the front of my house in order to have a drive put in? Like I said, front is already gravelled, it's just a case of removing the small hedge and the wall and installing a gate (since I have a dog). I could get rid of the hedge myself, and am assuming I could knock the wall down.

Only thing I'm wondering is if I'd need planning permission from the council (I rent but am fairly certain I'll get permission from the owner who lives in Australia now anyway), and if any work would need to be done where the foundation of the wall was, if it would need to be re-finished, since I've never done anything like that before.

Apparently it costs £300 or so to get the council to put a dropped curb in, which can wait as it's not a legal requirement (I don't think) and it's unlikely anyone will park infront of my house since everyone else on the street has a drive themselves (and the only reason for a dipped curb is to protect you from that)

Cheers.
>>
>>1179751
>Only thing I'm wondering is if I'd need planning permission from the council

4chan is not your personal local council receptionist
>>
>>1179754
>Ignores the rest of the sentence where the actual request is

:?)
>>
>>1179751
I don't know how it works in the colonies but here in the motherland you only need permission for additions over certain heights. You can replace a wall with a hedge or whatever if its the same height or add something new up to a certain height.
But surely there is an online planning portal you can look at? With all guidelines and stuff?
Sorry about your car man that sucks, few years ago I lived in a shit part of Edinburgh and kids (8-12) took turns running over peoples cars.
Police said just be glad they still run and weren't burnt out.
Maybe a pressure sensitive explosive under your suspension as a deterrent? Check your local laws this might not be legal outside of Baghdad
>>
File: 2017-05-19-11-08-30-.jpg (6KB, 288x161px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-19-11-08-30-.jpg
6KB, 288x161px
>>1179751
>>
>>1179760
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I don't need planning perm since I'm tearing down the wall. You only need planning perms if you're adding a wall over 2m on the road-side, from what I've read.

Mainly just wondering about what the ground will look like once I've knocked the wall down, and if I'd need to re-tarmac it and how much that would cost, or if I'm neglecting to think about anything else that might crop up once I start swinging a hammer about.
>>
>>1179751

How about you buy a gun and ensure the public demonstrates respect for your sovereign property?

Oh, wait. Sorry about your state anon.
>>
>>1179751
How about moving out of that shit hole?
>>
>>1179787
Entire north east is a fucking shithole mate, and it's too much of a hassle to up sticks and piss off somewhere else.
>>
>>1179764
Check there aren't any services under where you are parking, you don't want the unexpected weight of your car breaking though a sewage pipe from your house and the ball ache that comes with that.
Typically for any hard standing you put down maybe 100 or 200mm thickness of hard-core, crushed up bricks and rubble and shit then whatever you want on top, could be tarmac BUT they use it on roads because its cheap and simple, it's not great for parking on if you work on your car or it's old because any oil (including petrol/diesel because as we all know its just thin oil) will replace the bitumen building in the tarmac and it will crumble away to nothing. Also unless you know someone decent at doing it you will end up getting a gypsy doing it and running away before it gets ruined after a week or two.
Block paving looks nice but harbours weeds, they grow in, not through the cracks so you can't stop them with ground layers.
Gravel is easy but still needs replaced and is easily used as ammunition against your car in a shite area. Kids will throw your own stones at your car and house, trust me.
If it was me id go for concrete, nice to lie on if your doing any repairs. if you are fit enough you can mix up enough for a single bay in a weekend no problem, or just get a mixer in to pour it.
Check out pavingexpert.com for this kind of thing.
>>
>>1179792
By North East i'm assuming England?
If you mean up near Aberdeen then that changes things.
Under Scots Law it is entirely permissable to "mark" local arseholes with a painball marker AS LONG AS you have marked that person purely for reasons of later identification.

this works especially good with chavs/neds who all dress the fuckin same and after sunset.

Soon puts a stop to any shit from any street scum.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.