[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This shit broke while I was taking a shit, what do? I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: broken.jpg (110KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
broken.jpg
110KB, 1280x960px
This shit broke while I was taking a shit, what do?

I really don't want to buy a new one, they are really expensive around here and I need to fix this asap.
>>
>>1179277

>fix
>broken toilet tank that is supposed to hold alot of water

yeah good luck trying to fix that... enjoy your flooded bathroom
>>
>>1179277
JB Weld otherwise, just toss it. You are literally better off pulling it apart where the cracks are in order to JB Weld it back together.
>>
>>1179280
Don't you think silicone glue would do the trick?
>>
>>1179283

you want to glue a porcelain tank that holds a few gallons of water.. with silicone.. like I said, enjoy your flood
>>
>>1179283
>silicone glue

Silicone is not a glue.
>>
>>1179277
Put sand in the crack and hit that bitch with a torch. The glass will fuse the tank.
>>
>>1179281
I already did this, now the pieces seem to fit better than before.
>>1179286
https://www.google.cl/search?q=silicone+glue&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc6onhq_rTAhWEIJAKHaDnAoUQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=613
>>
>>1179277
Dry it out real good with a hairdryer and use some 2 part epoxy on the crack. Smooth the outside and use white nail polish for cosmetic topcoat
>>
>>1179298
There's a crack that gets down to a hole on the bottom of the tank. There's a bolt that's meant to pass through that hole in order to fix the tank to the seat, I'm a bit concerned putting pressure on this bolt might break the jb weld, do you think it'll work?
>>
>>1179277
Ratchet strap around the outside, gutter repair tape on the crack inside.
>>
>>1179302
It should be fine. You may need to get new gaskets though. Old ones tend to not compress as well and put more pressure on the tank than normal.
>>
>>1179322
Great advice, will do.
>>
>>1179277
You literally broke the toilet while taking a shit

mind blown.
>>
I'd coat the inside with plastic just in case
>>
>>1179327
>tfw even the toilet can't handle your shit
>>
>>1179302
You should be fine, tighten slowly on each side. Ive used the jb to fix engine blocks and oil pans, your toilet tank should hold up
>>
I'd buy a thick plastic one instead of a porcelain one
what is the point of making the tank porcelain...
>>
>>1179331
Sounds cheap af.
>>
>>1179327

>OP literally blew up the toilet
>>
>>1179277
>they are really expensive around here

No, they are cheap everywhere. You can buy a whole new toilet for like 70$ at any home improvement store.
You can find them at Habitat Restores for 20 bucks

You can find them on craigslist and in the trash for free.

You are playing with fire, and if you get burnt youll be burnt bad.

>glue holds for a short time
>you leave the house
>starts to leak
>tank empties all over the floor
>valve sees tank is empty and attempts to refill it
>starts spraying large amounts of water into the tank which just leaks onto the floor.
>monsoon in a short amount of time
>>
>>1179448
Take this man's advice OP or your really in for a shit storm
>>
If you can get your hands on a tig you can have a go welding it.

https://youtu.be/vKWfW-MIRHc
>>
>>1179331
Plastic is a bad choice. It'd be prohibitively thick, and expensive to make. There's a reason we still use vitreous clay.
>>
try flex tape..just saw the commercial for it, could work.
>>
>>1179277
You're on the right track OP, you just don't continue it correctly. Silicone caulk is a good start, a "core" so to speak, but then you need the jb weld on the outside for insurance. Both sides actually, make sure the interior of the tank is dry when you do this. Now on the inside use that spray rubber stuff that the Italian guy on TV uses to make a boat out of his screen door, don't remember what it's called... On the outside a couple plies of duct tape is sufficient. Finally, wrap the tank in a couple of places with some of those big assed zip ties, you know the three foot ones? Paint it all white, it should blend in pretty well, if you put 30w bulbs in the bathroom that'll help. Post pics so these fuckers can see what real diy looks like.
>>
>>1179277
>>1177003
>>
>>1179526
don't forget to use a trash bag to line the inside, you wouldn't want it leaking, now
>>
I'm finishing this project tomorrow, I'll take pictures of the process, I'm taking notes of all advice given.
>>
>>1179954
This actually isn't a bad idea, line it and tie a cinch strap around it.
>>
File: bucket.jpg (220KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bucket.jpg
220KB, 800x800px
>>
if youre worried tighten the valve and flush the toilet before you sleep or if you leave

if its fucked for good just pour water into the bowl>>1180112
>>
File: a1f95443078bd47d361b100d8dd86f41.jpg (120KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a1f95443078bd47d361b100d8dd86f41.jpg
120KB, 683x1024px
Phil swift here with flex TAPE.
I CRACKED MY PORCELAIN THRONE AND FIXED IT WITH ONLY FLEX TAPE.
AFTER A DAY ON THE SHITTER THE ONLY THING LEAKING IS ME AFTER TACO TUESDAY.
>>
>>1179289
>Google search

None of those are glues. Silicone is not a glue. It barely fucking sticks to things it's supposed to stick too.
>>
>>1179277
The rest of the toiler will flush if you just pour water into it. You need to get a new cistern eventually. Water is too heavy for any DIY patch job to work reliably.
>>
>>1180132
Cut out the middleman and just shit in the bucket
>>
>>1179277
just throw it out and get a stainless steel one
>>
Are you aware of how heavy water is?
>>
>>1180557
8.3 pounds per gallon?
>>
So, did the OP JB Weld this yet or what?

>>1180159
>caulk the shit out of the window
>later install a window AC unit for a while
>rains
>leaks because AC flexed the vinyl around the caulking breaking its seal
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.