[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, I'm taking it to the next level.I am going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1492649173015.jpg (117KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1492649173015.jpg
117KB, 650x650px
Hey /diy/, I'm taking it to the next level.I am going to make my own Island.
My plan:
>Buy 50 ft tarp
>Buy a really buoyant material most likely Aerogel
>Create a 50 ft ring out of aerogel
>Attach tarp to aero gel
>take it to lake and test it
Twll me why I'm a dumbas and my plan wont work /diy/.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>1179048
1. aerogel is expensive as fuck
2. Once aerogel absorbs water it just becomes regular gel

You can get big o' blocks of styrofoam for boat docks and do pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>1179055
this

was going to say the same
>>
Plastic bottles. Some guy has done this and lives on the ocean.
>>
>>1179055
styrofoam must be coated with something, otherwise it'll deteriorate over time

>>1179057
this sounds stupid but works. you just need a shitload. You'd probably be on the safe side with large plastic containers.. some kind of pontoons
>>
Maybe try using a shipping container.
>>
>>1179048
Used soda bottles is what everyone else uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnLhWpy_nqI
>>
>>1179048
Needs (backyard builder boat title.) Needs HIN. (Like VIN for car but hull id number in america.)

Takes forever to start but easy to add on.

Good luck faggot. Sinkbor swim we wanna see.
>>
>>1179057
Lol. Tha madman. I saw that
>>
>>1179058
Yeah. And aside from netting or string to tie them all up they free.

Maybe set up a "plastic bottle recycling" bin?
>>
>>1179085
Still respect that psycho. He built an island feom trash and pallets. He has to be our guy...
>>
K so use coated styrofoam or use plastic containers, i plan on making an outer ring and let the inner circle be free as soon as i get the money I'll try and make this, thinking of using a smaller tarp tho, 50ft is way to big
>>
>>1179048
How do I grow pizza plants?
>>
>>1179205
travel 80 years into the future and have a couple dozen million real 1986 dollars.
>>
>>1179048

pizza on pineapples is terrible
>>
>>1179048
Better plan

>buy the cheapest sea worthy boat you can find
>buy a round bale hay baling machine
>find a way to mount baler to side of said ship
>modify baler to function in water
>go to the floating garbage patch
>bale all the garbage you need
>clump the floating bales into floating island
>buy silt pump
>cover garbage island with sand from ocean floor
>use ship to ferry large amounts of top soil to island
>cover sand in topsoil

Sell the boat and live the rest of your life on your giant floating island.
>>
>>1180976
What makes you think garbage is a good flotation device? Could you build anything heavy on top?
>>
>>1180993
>What makes you think garbage is a good flotation device?

It's floating and it's nearly infinite in supply.

>Could you build anything heavy on top?

Back to the nearly infinite in supply part. We dump between 8 and 13 million tons of garbage in the ocean per year. It could be the worst flotation tool on earth and you could still hold up anything you want to just by making the garbage base larger. It's not going to run out.
>>
>>1181029
Why not just make a stable platform on one of those already existing plastic waste islands?
>>
>>1181039
Because they are not actually islands. There is nothing holding the trash together. So it's like a condensed plastic trash soup.
>>
>>1181083
it's actually a very dispersed plastic trash soup
>>
Do you think you can survive a storm, a big wave, typhoons and/or tsunamis? There's a chance of your island being flipped over
>>
File: spiral-artificial-island.jpg (60KB, 760x428px) Image search: [Google]
spiral-artificial-island.jpg
60KB, 760x428px
Bottles, nets, plywood and carpet can be comfy with some love.
>>
>>1180497
Kek, I get that joke Anon...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.