[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

having trouble unscrewing a nail, because there arent many crevices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

having trouble unscrewing a nail, because there arent many crevices inside. it is pretty much rounded off. what can i do about it?
>>
>>1178875
Get a flathead screwdriver and place it on top, hammer it down to make a little slot, then get it out
>>
>>1178879
the flathead wont fit lol and i think it will break the nail
>>
File: lt+dan+pod.jpg (95KB, 634x539px) Image search: [Google]
lt+dan+pod.jpg
95KB, 634x539px
>>1178875
>>
>>1178882
If you have a dremel you can get a fine tip for it and shave a slot into it. Otherwise just go to your nearest hardware store and pick up a screw extractor. There's a handheld one and one that's an attachment for your drill.
>>
>>1178886
ayy ill get a screw extractor, thanks matey <3
>>
Unscrew a nail? They don't have any threads. You need to pull the nail.
>>
>>1178899
I assume he meant screw and just calls it a nail. If he was trying to unscrew a legitimate nail he has bigger problems at hand
>>
File: hammer-scew.png (45KB, 448x332px) Image search: [Google]
hammer-scew.png
45KB, 448x332px
>>1178875
>unscrew
>a nail
>>
>>1178875
>unscrew a nail
Son, do you brain damage?
>>
File: hBA255DA6.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
hBA255DA6.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>1178899
>>1178977
>>1178985
Huh? I use these threaded nails in all my projects.
>>
>>1178875
Retard
>>1178879
Retard
>>1178882
Retard
>>
>>1179033
S C R E W
U
C
C
>>
Is anyone else gonna notice the cat
>>
>>1179077
What cat?
>>
>>1179077
Oh shit, I just assumed it was a mouse.
>>
Depending on where it is you can cut off the head and use the bit holder of an electric drill to clamp it.
Otherwise, a magnet, just sit it on the head and turn anti clockwise, fridge magnets work fine.
>>
>>1178875
This is why I have drawer full of "easy outs".

also interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2sjNvNlM0
>>
>>1178875
Dead catter is dead.
>>
You can put a fairly thick elastic band over the 'crevices' and then push it in with the screw driver and turn the screw. Just seen it on YouTube!
>>
>>1179385
The cat or the nail?
>>
>>1178875
if youre too broke for easy outs, try placing a rubberband over the head of the screw. or use a sawzall and cut it from the other side, if able.
>>
>>1178875
>screw
>nail
i shig
>>
>>1179033
This has to be a troll, no one can be this stupid. Which raises another question, why troll /diy/?

We are one of the nicest and most helpful boards, provided you aren't fucking retarded.
>>
>>1178875
>having trouble unscrewing a nail
I think I've identified the problem.
>>
>>1179584
'Cuz there are 6 dumb bastards who fall for it. Every fuckin' time.
And the 2 of the 3 "can you even /google/" anons as well.
/diy/ has a very high lulz content
>>
>>1179826
This. Diy is so serious, and so ready to show how much we know and how manly we are that it's like shooting fish in a barrel. It's almost too easy, really.
>>
Awww your kitty is super cute!!!
>>
File: tire spore.jpg (41KB, 720x538px) Image search: [Google]
tire spore.jpg
41KB, 720x538px
>>1179693
Yep.. obviously a left threaded screw.
>>
>>1179947
Holy fuck I want to pop that tyre pimple so hard.
>>
>>1179947
Your tire has a tumor. It has less than a mile to live.
>>
This reminds me of the old joke about what's the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant woman?
You can't unscrew a pregnant woman. What's the difference between a screw and a nail?
You can't unscrew a nail.
>>
File: unscrewanail.png (288KB, 935x1897px) Image search: [Google]
unscrewanail.png
288KB, 935x1897px
Thank you OP.
My sides are in orbit. Probably not of this planet.
>>
>>1179077
What about the stupid cat
>>
Use a ruber betwen the screw and thé screwdriver
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.