[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tiny(ish) House House is 8x6 meters, anybody have any advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot (1).png (714KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (1).png
714KB, 1680x1050px
Tiny(ish) House
House is 8x6 meters, anybody have any advice on things that I should change? Any rough estimate on the cost for building (excluding the cost of any furniture or appliances, just framing, flooring, electric, plumbing, etc)? Is this do-able by a single person with a moderate level of experience with building if I just get people to come in to check my wiring and plumbing?
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
2MB, 1680x1050px
Another view
>>
The door to the bathroom shouldn't go through the laundry area. I'd turn the bed 90 degrees, with wall to wall cupboard on each side...
>>
>>1178402
I put the bathroom through the laundry room (I considered reversing them, but want to keep the bathroom away from the kitchen, even if I will use the bathroom more than the laundry room/ pantry) in order to save some space so I don't need a hallway with the doors. I also considered having the door to the bathroom be through my bedroom, but I don't want people having to go into my bedroom to get to the bathroom. As for the bed, I think I'm going to put it flush up against the windows as that's how my current room is set up.
Are you saying I should have wall to wall cupboards in my bedroom or in the kitchen?
>>
>>1178394
Maybe flip the kitchen? You can have the cupboards up against the interior wall by the entrance and line up your sink with the window on the western wall. Then you can fit some more space for that really tiny bathroom and laundry.
>>
Swap the bathroom and laundry. Otherwise it looks comfy.
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (263KB, 778x566px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
263KB, 778x566px
Two additional thoughts:
1. You will need a utility closet
For water heater, HVAC, and electrical
2. A storm cellar is highly recommended, use for addition storage
>>
File: Screenshot (3).png (962KB, 926x888px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (3).png
962KB, 926x888px
>>
>>1178394
>Slightly off-topic but couldn't find a stupid question thread
Does anyone have a torrent of the Tumbleweed tiny house plans (or similar)? I don't want to give my hard-earned shekels to Americans
>>
>>1178563
Does a house legally need HVAC? Could I get away with just a space heater for the winter and a fan for the summer?
>>
building codes, material costs and contractor costs (keeping things legal as needed) vary from one side of a city to the other, much less *any possible point where anon might build something*

Useful answers require useful questions that come packed with the data points needed to process the answers.

>just get people to come in to check my wiring and plumbing?
That is getting very difficult, in some places. Depending on the law it may be an option but no one will risk their license on 'just signing off' on some work that a rando did. Without data it is a pointless question.

That said, if you have a rather small space you might be quite happy with the newish (well, new in america) "split" or "mini-split" air conditioners. Basically, a small unit goes on the wall/ceiling of any room you want to serve and a pipe/wiring gets fed out to a compact AC condenser. IIRC heating is an option for some of the interior head units. Again, if you are asking such vague and basic questions you will 100% need someone to install this for you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.