[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying 33 acres of land to homestead on. The trees were harvested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1492519761609.jpg (92KB, 508x767px) Image search: [Google]
1492519761609.jpg
92KB, 508x767px
Buying 33 acres of land to homestead on. The trees were harvested about 15 years ago and now have some decent growth. My current plan is as follows: Clear cut the whole thing to make room for planting crops and building a masonry home(using the abundant amounts of stone) and septic tank on the land and use the profits from clear cutting to pay back the loan faster.

Thoughts? Should I instead try to forester the land or orchard some trees like walnut? Near TN for the record.
>>
>>1176346
Guess I should say IN TN.
>>
>>1176346
I think you should face the dragon and save your dead father.
>>
>>1176356
Gotta dig down to the depths of the chaos of the underground cavern first though.
>>
>>1176346
Research crop rotation
Look at what kind of plants grow there, this will let you know about what kind of soil do u have (pH, materials, etc)
>>
>>1176346
clear cut all 33 acres? why not just start with 10 or 15 and leave the rest to decide on later if you need to expand
>>
File: acres.jpg (1MB, 1437x1882px) Image search: [Google]
acres.jpg
1MB, 1437x1882px
>>1176435
here's a comparison of 35 acres vs 16, it's a massive amount of land for a single person. clearcutting it would be a lot of upkeep even with something zippy like a zero turn.
>>
>>1176376
lol
>>
>>1176442
That's a lot of land anon how much it all cost?
>>
Timber is in high demand this year (my local machine shop makes parts for a Georgia Pacific mill, and large areas of SC are being harvested) so it's a good time to sell timber AND REPLANT.

Twenty years flies by. Make your money but reforest so you can make more. Check your state forestry agency for info on what's most profitable to plant.
>>
>>1178063
There are pines that reach harvesting size in 7 years.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.