[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on building my own quad-copter. Have any advice on solving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: My_Drone.jpg (4MB, 4665x2205px) Image search: [Google]
My_Drone.jpg
4MB, 4665x2205px
Working on building my own quad-copter.
Have any advice on solving or avoiding common
problems.The basic idea is to fly and
have the camera gimbal mimic the head movements
of the pilot wearing a FPV headset.

That picture is my current progress.
>>
File: QuadCopter_with_controller.jpg (128KB, 1477x785px) Image search: [Google]
QuadCopter_with_controller.jpg
128KB, 1477x785px
Here's the Screen shot of the CAD model, haven't printed everything yet
>>
>>1175471
Looks dope.

What parts did you print and what parts did you buy?
>>
>>1175471
Kindof hard to respond with much help without knowing more. What exactly is the current state of the project? Specs?
>>
motor leads could be shortened

pros: less resistance and voltage drop, looks neater
cons: if you change frame size you will need re-lengthen.
>>
>>1175471
>Have any advice on solving or avoiding common
problems.
Take props off.
Power it up.
Check motor directions. Twice. If one's spinning backwards, swap two motor leads or reverse it in firmware.
Tilt the quad while armed and check gyro/motor response. Low motors should spin faster.
Check yaw response too. Remember, each motor's reaction (yaw) torque acts opposite the spin of the prop.
Now do the same thing for control response. Right roll command should speed up left motors. Forward pitch should spin up rears.
Finally, put the props back on in the right order. Check and make sure they're in the right order.
>>
>>1175471
>your 3d printed parts will break every time you land a bit harder
>probably should use a normal radio controller instead of some custom meme shit, unless you have a good reason for it
>massive carbon blades will inflict a lot of damage on things they inevitably come in contact with

Head-tracking FPV is neat though, just don't forget to use a 9DOF gyro instead of a 6DOF one like I did
>>
>>1177653
Is there a way to get an ordinary flight controller to output PPM for headtracking? It seems like all the hardware is all there, and it'd be significantly cheaper and more accessible than the handful of purpose-made head trackers on the market.
>>
>>1177846
see
>>1174725
>>
>>1177847
You still need a head tracker on your headset though, unless you wanna fiddle around with an extra joystick or knobs for pan and tilt.
>>
>>1178042
>arduino + gyroscope on HMD
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.