[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ . I'm building an electric skateboard. Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: skateborad.png (229KB, 480x299px) Image search: [Google]
skateborad.png
229KB, 480x299px
Hello /diy/ . I'm building an electric skateboard. Now the problem I have run into is choosing the right ESC. I have 0 knowledge about ESCs, like what specs am I looking for etc. the only thing I kinda get is how to program them, kinda. If any could shed some light about ESCs that would be wonderful.

Now I'm also concerned with, how I'm gonna break on the skateboard.

For steering, I'm gonna use a toy car remote something like this(I have seen people do it with this remotes, and they just plug the transmitter into the ESC and it works.)
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-2-4ghz-3ch-pistol-grip-tx-rx-system.html

I'm using this motor
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-4240-620kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

And this batterie
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-5s-30c-lipo-pack.html

Any help and tips are welcome.

Electric skateboards thread?
>>
Put your Li-po and motor specs in the ESC filter and buy the one that says "BEC".
>>
>>1175305
And where is this filter? I can't find it.
>>
>>1175298
>For steering, I'm gonna use a toy car remote

your picture is a combustion engine board
you describe and electric scateboard
you talk about steering it with fucking rc car parts?

get your head in the game knobbo, it doesn't matter how you drive a scateboard you steer it by leaning which turns the chucks, what you propose is retarded.
>>
>>1175345
Ok
>>
breaking on an electrical motor could be done by putting using the motor as a dinamo (just disconnecting the motor and putting a low resistance across the connection),

for the motor controller, you could also use an arduino and 3 half-H-bridges
>>
How do you intend to have the motor drive the wheel?
>>
>>1175410
i'd suggest a chain, like a bike has,
>>
whit kind of wheels were you intending to use?
>>
I'm pretty into electric skateboards and let me save you the time and tell you to get the VESC, it will run you about $100 dollars but its pretty much the only esc that is meant for electric skateboards not RC cars. Also you steer with your feet the controller is for throttle and brake. Lastly don't rely on a single motor system for brakes. Its more of a slow you down gradually and eventually come to a stop. if you go hard on your brakes you will chew through belts and fall a lot.
>>
Also check out esk8 builders forum. Sometimes there is a lot of faggotry going on but there is a lot of good info.
>>
>>1175298
Great, another Casey Noseflat zipping around the streets.
>>
>>1175408
I was thinking about using an arduino but decided not to since I never worked with arduinos before.

>>1175410
>>1175411
I'm using a set of pulleys and a belt.

>>1175414
As for the wheels their 83mm.

>>1175681
I've heard about VESC before, but the only thing keep me from getting was the price really. But I'm ready to spend some more money. Do you know of any good VESC, or which do you prefer?
>>
>>1175798
personally, i would not use a brushless DC motor (3phase Synchronous), i'd rather use a Brushed DC electric motor, since they are far more easy to controll the power of, just a single transistor with a PWM controller, which is probably a few bucks at radioshack
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.