[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else making DIY men's cologne? I bought essential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: s7-176494_lifestyle.jpg (140KB, 1410x1770px) Image search: [Google]
s7-176494_lifestyle.jpg
140KB, 1410x1770px
Anyone else making DIY men's cologne? I bought essential oils, carrier oils, 70% alcohol and glass spray bottles. There are 3 'notes' to any fragrance - top (usually citrus or mint), middle (spice, floral, 1-2 hours), bottom (woods, musk). You can custom-make you own combinations based on the aromas that you prefer.
>>
>>1174965
How much you invested, you dont mind me asking?
>>
>>1174965
no, i'm not a fudge packing faggot.

natural post workout must is all it takes to get women wet.
>>
>>1174968
I bought about 40 essential oil bottles 5-10 cc
grapeseed and jojoba oil, and glass bottles - about $250 USD - might be able to recover some of the cost by selling custom blends to friends for $5/bottle.
>>
>>1174975
thanks player
>>
>>1174975
you're trying to impress people on the internet anonymously
why else would you deliberately go into a thread about something you 'dont care about? if you don't care, you don't get involved. so you obviously give a damn enough to poke your miserable shitheaded inbred head in and pour out, like a curse from an ancient god of shitty opinions, your fucking useless, depressingly idiotic excuse for a thoughtful contribution
you're the type of moron to not pull into the intersection to turn left and make everybody else wait an entire light cycle because you don't have the cohones to own the intersection
why are most colognes marketed to attract women? by definition it's not a trademark of gay people. making something by hand is more intelligent and useful than buying it, so even more so is it something to be proud of. so you're factually a fucking moron, and what's more, instead of contributing an actual argument, all you've given is anecdotal idiocy with no actual supporting facts. you've given an opinion that doesn't matter, of something you claim not to need or care about, which required your sticking your nose in voluntarily, knowing you won't change anybody's opinion, so you must know all you're doing is shitting up the thread
you're an embarrassment.

1/10 made me write a big fucking thing

I just use cedarwood oil OP, lasts for half a day, which is more than enough for an evening
>>
>>1174988
yeah that's cool man, whatever you say bro. keep on keeping on.
>>
>>1175001
>having been found out, the Meatheaderodon Retardicus retreats into a flurry of "bro"s and "man"s, hoping to distract its pursuer and escape to shit up another conversation at a more opportune date
>>
File: 1492361036985.png (463KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1492361036985.png
463KB, 541x498px
>>1175010
Is this some kind of new counter trolling technique where you just take the bait really fucking hard?
>>
>>1174965
A bottle of Yves st Laurent is like 60$ and lasts at least a year...
>>
>>1174988
Faggot
>>
>>1174965
i'm interested in this topic. what kind of oil/scent could be used to impart a 'tea' scent?
>>
>>1175029
how about tea?
>>
>>1174965

Interesting topic op, I have never made any proper "cologne" but I used to put green pine wood in a paint can punch a hole in the bottom and collect the drippings in a soup can. I kept a bottle of that andused that to cover my smell when I was out camping and such. It smelled pretty damn good, I would imagine that someone with some know how could make it a fair sight better.
>>
File: perfume2-hi.jpg (57KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
perfume2-hi.jpg
57KB, 600x399px
>>1174965
Jean Baptiste?
>>
File: Qm2PdKZ.jpg (61KB, 960x538px) Image search: [Google]
Qm2PdKZ.jpg
61KB, 960x538px
>$215 on making home made bootleg perfume

I used to work as a vendor rep for fragances at Neiman Marcus, Saks 5th Avenue, and Macy's.

As a result, I have pillars of boxes filled with Hermes samples and fragrances.

Hermes fragrances sell for about $130 a bottle for the cheapest.

I don't wear perfume.

Deodorant, Shampoo and cheap vanilla body wash is enough for me to have a nice scent all day.
>>
>>1174988
OP here
yes cedarwood and sandalwood seem to be the staple bottom notes for men's colognes. There is a website called basenotes.com where the ingredients for various colognes are listed. Some of these colognes cost a lot so I don't see any reason why someone couldn't try to make something close to these commercial products whether for personal use or as a cottage industry. I know it wouldn't be exact but it might be close enough and might save money in the long run if one likes to wear different fragrances a lot.
I've already promised a few friends that I would make them a few samples according to their tastes and they were excited at the prospect.
You can also wear different scents for different occasions - day, night, work, etc...
I never paid much attention to scents before to be honest but after reading a few articles it dawned on me (as a man) how much women respond to scents and how it might make you more attractive to them so I thought DIY would give one more versatility re: customizing scents that go well with your style/persona.
>>
>>1175058
how much of a mark-up do you think there is on these products? I'm guessing probably 500% or something just given the name.
>>
>>1175055
I don't get the reference anon
>>
>>1175071
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0396171/?ref_=nv_sr_1
>>
>>1175029
since there are so many kinds of tea, I guess it depends on the flavour you are looking for but there are probably essential oils for just about any kind of tea since the oil can be made from cold pressing and steam distilling leaves.
some of the essential oils I've come across are chamomile, peppermint, tea tree, jasmine, green tea - I'm sure there are others - this would probably give you something close to what you want. There are also all kinds of citrus oils
>>
>>1175072
ha I'll have to check that one out now that I'm a 'perfume maker'. It actually sounds not bad.
>>
>>1175074
It's a fantastic movie, anon. Even talks about all the "notes" of a perfume.
>>
>>1175075
fuck that POS movie, the books a classic tho. No, really.
>>
>>1175067
how the fuck do you make them last though I can't find any fixatives
>>
I'd buy a cologne that smells faintly of motor oil and PB Blaster, to give people the impression that I work on cars more than I really do.
>>
>>1175100
that's hilarious - you'll need a line of grease products to rub on your face to look the part also
>>
>>1175085
Since I'm still gathering my materials, I haven't started to make it yet.
I'm reading this discussion on base notes.com
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310718-Adding-Glycerine-and-Distilled-Water-for-longevity
>>
>>1175085
Further info
from wikipedia:

Natural fixatives are resinoids (benzoin, labdanum, myrrh, olibanum, storax, tolu balsam) and animal products (ambergris, castoreum, musk, and civet[2]). Synthetic fixatives include substances of low volatility (diphenylmethane, cyclopentadecanolide, ambroxide, benzyl salicylate) and virtually odorless solvents with very low vapor pressures (benzyl benzoate, diethyl phthalate, triethyl citrate).[1]

Myrrh is quite easy to find at a health food store

These guys did a study using sandalwood, glycerin, musk oil (expensive I think), and others. Pretty informative.

http://uotechnology.edu.iq/tec_magaz/2016/volum342016/No.03.A.2016/[17]Text.pdf
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.