[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ how is it going? I hope any of you guys can help me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1HDR.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1HDR.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /diy/ how is it going?
I hope any of you guys can help me with a small but annoying issue.
I have the lens of my sunglasses all fucked up with scratches up to a point that it's noticeable. So do you know if it's possible to fix it? Anyone with first hand experience?

And yes, I googled it, I read that trying to polish it with toothpaste and baking soda may work but I'm afraid it's some bro science and do worse than better.

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks.

Pic is kinda shit but you can see the scratches.
>>
No, they are likely polarized and you'll fuck them up worse. spoilers: ray bans are the same as your typical 2$ chinese sunglasses because they are typically shitty chinese plastic
>>
>>1174199
>No, they are likely polarized and you'll fuck them up worse.
Oh ok, I will wait to see what other anons say.

>ray bans are the same as your typical 2$ chinese sunglasses
It's your opinion and it may be true but the perceived quality are much better when compared to cheap sunglasses. Also the metal inside the plastic gives that nice, heavy feel. But that's not what is in question here so it doesn't really mater.
>>
File: IMG_3.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
One more pic
>>
Plox /diy/ can't you throw a nigger a bone? You guys know everything, there has to be at least one of you that can tell me a away to fix this.
>>
>>1174364
Have you tried getting the model number for the sunglasses??

Honestly without optic level grade polishing equipment Theres no way to unfuck them.

We could how ever tell you how to replace just the lens themselves. With new ones.
>>
>>1174423
They're Ray Ban wayfarer tortoise 2140 50mm.

Can't find legit lenses online and the brand doesn't have them on their website either.

>mfw
>>
>>1174444
EBay that shit.
Buy 5 different sets of lenses for $2.99 each and you'll get something that will make you happy without shelling out cash for another pair of overpriced hippy retro shit.

Or just ditch em and get some decent eyewear.
>>
>>1174447
>overpriced
Sure

>hippy retro shit
You can fuck off anon. They look fucking neat and they're timeless. Plus they make them bitches wet.

>get some decent eyewear
>Posts some shit tier no style whatsoever sunglasses
Weew
>>
>>1174197
why is there a gap around the lenses?
>>
>>1174515
There isn't none.
>>
Well I tried polishing it with baking soda and despite not fucking the lenses further it did not remove the scratches either.
>>
>>1174455
>shit tier no style
>says the guy with the most generic shades ever produced, literally.
You're wearing shades who's highest demographic is 6 year old girls...
>>
pretty much all scratched plastics can be fixed with a cotton buffing wheel. polishing compound helps, but i believe candle wax will do the same. of course, you likely dont own a bench grinder so the point is moot.
>>
>>1174444
>Can't find legit lenses online and the brand doesn't have them on their website either.

greatshades.com

you can send them in and for like $25 will replace the lenses with polarized glass lenses. they have a machine that scans the inside of the frame then cut the lenses to size.
>>
>>1175008

oh, and it has to be a big wheel. those little ones that fit on a dremmel will just gouge out the plastic.
>>
>>1175008
Is it possible to achieve this with an angle grinder? Is all I have. But that you man.

>>1175011
If nothing else works I will probably contact them. Thanks.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.