[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/ I have something different to ask of you. I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Hello /diy/

I have something different to ask of you. I need something that I can spray onto a spandex/under armour shirt and pants to stiffen it up and retain its shape, but can then be easily separated from the skin via sliding scissors under it and peeling it away.

I don't expect much help considering the final goal of this, but any help that turns out to work would be a BREAKTHROUGH in the subject.
>>
Liquid starch, you will have to wait for it to dry though and if your BREAKTHROUGH involves the clothing getting wet then it won't work.
>>
>>1174012
Would I be able to apply a coating thin enough that it doesn't add any thickness to the material? Because that is another key that I forgot to mention.
>>
>>1174005
Look into varnish or plastidip
>>
>>1174005
>considering the final goal of this

Well what the fuck is the final goal? I can think of like 5 different ways to achieve what you've asked, but without knowing it's purpose there's no point in thinking any methods through.
>>
>>1174019
Plastidip looks like it would be a good fit, though I couldn't use the stretchy base material with it because after I cut it off the body I need to be able to cut it into further sections and lay them flat.
>>
>>1174022
To be honest I'm building a fursuit.

One of the methods being used today to create a well fitted one is the creation of a "duct tape dummy". This requires several people to be on hand and who are willing to get there hands into some "tight" spaces. Basically what they do is wear a painters jacket, and slowly apply small sections of duct tape over the jacket, tightening the tape as more of the body is covered. The final result should be tight, but not uncomfortably tight, as this is now the template to be used to cut out the final pieces of material.

Doing it the way I'm thinking, it would remove a lot of that work.
>>
>>1174027
You can get the material to harden using heat, gotta be careful, but at worst it will prepare you to yiff in hell.
>>
>>1174029
Which material? The spandex, starch, varnish or plastidip?

If the spandex, I may be a degenerate, but I'm not a masochist lol.
>>
"Yiff in hell, furfag"

>"furfag" autocorrects to "Durham"
>>
>>1174032
Spandex or varnish, just use an open flame.
>>
>>1174041
Sounds good! See you in hell :^)
>>
>>1174027
dont... use any weird chemicals or shit like these guys are saying.. do your duct tape idea, but do it over one of these shirts. Be less to get in the way unlike the painter's jacket, it's already form fitting, and as far as friends not wanting to get in your tight spaces... well... can't help ya there... fortunately most furs I know are pretty gay and would love the opportunity. Shame I'm not gay or fur. Anyway, good luck with that... and stay away from weird chemical smears on spandex, and definitely fire.
>>
>>1174070
>Not gay

I wouldn't trust him OP.
>>
>>1174070
Yeah I wont be using any harsh chemicals, since they would have to sit on/next to the skin for hours. Reading up on that plastidip, I would have to sit still for a few hours to get a thick enough coat, not to mention the fumes.

After I made the thread I found out that there are products specifically made to stiffen fabrics, so I think I will just use that.
>>
Thats why I recommended the liquid starch, its safe/non toxic/non flammable. If you can give it to kindergartners for papermacha projects, its probably safe enough for anon.
>>
Life cast your self.

Then make a dressmakers form.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.