[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some artsy fartsy suggestions on wall interior wall texture.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: large-color-cave-grey.jpg (179KB, 900x966px) Image search: [Google]
large-color-cave-grey.jpg
179KB, 900x966px
I need some artsy fartsy suggestions on wall interior wall texture. Pic related kinda.
>>
>>1172225
All these seem like a blind monkey tried to plaster something.
>>
I agree with OP.
>>
>>1172225
did they just throw plaster at a wall and say fuck it lets just keep drinking?
>>
File: 10.jpg (255KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
255KB, 1600x1200px
These wall are kinda cool.
Don't know how they were done.
>>
>>1172225
I have this shit on a low ceiling and it fucks up my hands every time I forget about it and stretch my arms up. fuck this stuff don't do it OP, smooth paint is way better.
>>
>>1172225
Do NOT texture your walls. Its impossible to match if repairs ever need to be redone and its not something most people will like and therefore hurt resale value.

Get your "texture" some other way.

I threw up some cheap snap laminate flooring on one wall in each room on account of the husbando wanting "texture". This way if we ever want it gone all i need to do is rip it down and paint over the tack holes
>>
Do beadboard.
>>
You know the best texture?
Perfectly flat.
>>
File: 3d-wall-panels-5.jpg (69KB, 414x349px) Image search: [Google]
3d-wall-panels-5.jpg
69KB, 414x349px
you need 3D wall panels

pic related
>>
>texture
Can't repair it for shit.
Impossible to dust.
Annoying to paint.
>>
I agree with the other anons about repairs. Just went through it with a house I bought. Every room needed at minimum 1 12"x12" patch, but one bedroom needed a 24"x30" patch and several smaller ones. The kitchen needed all the bottom panels replaced basically. It gets even more exciting if the drywall was originally glued, but that's a different rant.

The texture was small so I was able to skim coat it with drywall mud. The process is easy to get right, but it's very time and labor intensive. 8 rooms, smallest is 8'x10', 8' ceilings, skimmed the ceilings as well and a long hallway. The texture looked nice, but the big patches of smooth at eye level are very noticeable. It was impossible to match, i bought a texture hopper, i tried the aerosols, both were still obviously patched.

Now albeit, mine is an extreme case, but it took me 3 weekends to just cover the house, and another 2 to prep for paint. It was a nightmare.

If you realize that you may have to do this going in go for it. Pipe ruptures, roof leaks, you guys adopt some kids and they rough house a lot, moving furniture in and hitting the wall, your house becomes fight club...many things happen to damage drywall. I watched my little cousin trip on his shoe lace and go through 2 sides of a partition that wasn't framed 16" on center.

That being said texture can look very nice, and can hide imperfections in the wall. I'll never have it in another room ever again though. I'd much rather take the old drywall down and sister in some new studs than have to skimcoat a hole room because someone tried to smack a spider with a baseball bat.
>>
>>1172987
>dustcollector.jpg
>>
>>1172693
It is possible to match if he does stucco,not plaster
>>
>>1172225
What is that plebeian bullshit? Put a proper mosaic on your wall.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.