[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Guys! I need some advice here. One of my client want me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1493914987339s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493914987339s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
Hey Guys!

I need some advice here. One of my client want me to install a fireproof safe to his house. He do got a budget of 500$.

He live in a appartment and he mostly want to store documents (paper). His main concern is a home fire that go wild.

So here what I did. He brought me a Home Centry fireproof safe (rated 1 hour). In the Safe I put some X Fire Rated Dry wall on all the inside + roxul insulation rock wool.
On the outside, I rolled the safe into roxul insulation, made a case of drywall X Fire Rated (3 layers) and put the covered roxul insulation safe in the drywall case. Entirely closed the drywall to make a box. Put more roxul insulation over the drywall box.
After this I built another bigger box of Drywall (2 layers) and in that I made a box of insulated fire bricks which I put the original 3 layers Drywall box into.

So the things is approx a box of 80 CM by 80 CM and here is the detailled protection layer from the center :

Important documents - Rowul Insulation - Fire Rated Drywall (1 Layer) - Fire Proof Safe - Roxul Insulation - Fire Rated Drywall (3 Layers) - Roxul Insulation - Insulated Fire Bricks Box ( With fire resistant sealant) - Fire Rated Drywall (2 Layers). Everything is sealed and closed with nails. Also every layer have been painted with resistant paint.

The box is approx 300 LBS. As he doesn't need to open the box before 3-4 years, it won't be open and now it is a plain box.
He does plan to hide it between wall in his basement.

As I want to know, I charged him 300$ for this (as the material cost was under 100$ and he provided the safe).
Do you think in a major home fire (in which the fire would burn to the ground). Would the box survive the fire?
Is there any other protection I could add as prevention?
Thanks for the help!
>>
>>1172167
>Would the box survive the fire
probably
>>
Fire safes are usually just drywall and steel, the at the door gap use an expanding material that seals when it gets hot.

The fire rating in usually marketing bullshit: they rate it at a certain temperature for a certain time. House fires can reach 3000 degrees with enough combustible material, but usual stay under 2500. Average time it takes to put out a whole house fire can be about 30 mins.

But the fire ratings are usually low; 1500 for 30 minutes is not comparable to 3000 for 15 minutes.
>>
>>1172257
When fires get really hot and a good fire safe is used, the insides can still get charred from the heat causing irreparable damage despite no actual flame damage.

This is because of the high heat and low oxygen. If it's really Damn important documentation, he should scan to an electronic media and store it in a safety deposit box in a bank.

No offense OP, but it's just the better method than having a buddy make an amateur fire safe.
>>
Just documents?

Get a basic bitch fire safe, and bolt it to the floor. Next get a document cooler and put the very very important documents in it. And put it in side the fire safe.

Note. Any safe you buy for $500 can be broken i to in a mater of minutes. If i want whats inside. ( ill use an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Or a crowbar) . If the safe isnt boltex down, like in 99% of the cases, i will just take it with me
>>
>>1172167
Why doesn't he just scan the documents and upload them to a private server?
>>
>>1172263
this.

you should have buried the safe.
>>
>>1172171
What i fear in my opinion is that it's while the safe itself will survive the heat, the documents could burn thanks to the hot air that could get inside anyway.

english it's not my first language, but something like a rubber gasket could prevent that.
>>
>>1172288
It wouldn't. If your client is some sort of drug lord/serial killer/other profession that requires private document security he should go with a fireproof and watertight safe and have the whole thing in some sort of water tank made from thick steel. Alternatively, he might want to consider whether it's better for the documents to burn away during an event which the authorities will be attending.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.