[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/. I have this shitty old she'd I want to demolish.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170503_133756.jpg (1MB, 2126x1912px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_133756.jpg
1MB, 2126x1912px
Hey /diy/. I have this shitty old she'd I want to demolish. I know the proper way to do it is to take it down top to bottom, but I do not have a ladder. I also don't have a truck to pull it down. I do have a sawzall, sledge hammer and prybar. What's the best way to tackle this? I'm thinking of tying it off against a tree in the direction I want it to fall,making 45 degree cuts in the legs slanted downward towards how I want it to fall, and then pulling hard on the ropes with a bro until magic happens. How would /diy/ do it?
>>
>>1171673
remove everything except four corners

cut notches at the corners

then tie to the roof

then pull and watch it fold down
>>
>>1171673
>>
>>1171673
Expose framing and sledgematic
>>
>>1171673
aww the structure looks sound, and theres a concrete pad(?).
>>
>>1171745
Yeah my thoughts too. Seems a shame to destroy it, at least build a greenhouse out of it with some cheap siding
>>
>>1171745
Nah, it's just on a wooden frame and the base is rotton. The structural boards are pretty good though and I plan to make cat furniture out of them.
>>
>>1171763
What would you use for greenhouse exterior? That 6 mil poly is shit.
>>
>>1171673
Just hit it with a hammer you big girl.
>>
>>1171673
If i really had to do it without taking the roof off I'd probably tie a rope with a lot of tension to the side i'm not working on, notch some long 2x4s, plant the 2x4s in the ground snuggly on the side I am working on, wedge them against the header, then proceed to use a sledge to knock the studs in the middle out with a firm strike to the base of them.

What i described will not prevent it from falling on you, but would likely give you an extra second or 2 to get away once it starts coming down. Wear safety glasses, things will very likely fly in every direction once it comes down.

Albeit this was a whole garage, but I report just came through from my state's osha the other day of a guy who was crushed while taking it apart from the inside. Once you start taking it apart don't go underneath it.

I would seriously just get a ladder and do it proper.

Or wait a month and buy some m80s and make some demolition charges.
>>
File: 1494250441202.jpg (60KB, 324x354px) Image search: [Google]
1494250441202.jpg
60KB, 324x354px
>>1171673
> not using it to grow weed to sell and using the money to buy components to build a ladder.

Are you new?
>>
>>1171673
just burn it down :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.