[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help from experienced builders - this is my first time building

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: _20170503_150130.jpg (187KB, 1500x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_20170503_150130.jpg
187KB, 1500x1080px
Need help from experienced builders - this is my first time building coils. Built two 1ohm coils (24g Kanthal, 3mm inside diameter, 10 wraps) to get my target resistance of 0.5. It's reading the resistance but it won't fire the damn thing. Why? It's a hybrid rdta (vgod tricktank pro rII)
>>
Double check the settings on the mod, is it in temp control mode, is it locked, etc.

On the RDA, make sure the post screws are tight- but not too tight; if you tighten too far you'll snap the coils.

Check that the coils aren't touching anything but the posts.

Double check that the mod is actually making a connection to the tank. Some mods have floating pins, springloaded pins, etc; and may need to be finessed a little to connect to the tank.

If you're sure they're connecting, Clean the connections on the mod and on the RDA with a little alcohol and a cotton swab.. Try again.

If that doesn't work, it could be a problem with the insulator.. Some cheaper tanks and RDAs have used shitty plastics that can melt when exposed to sub-ohm temps too long.
>>
>>1171472
Haven't put it on any mods - just the 521 mini tab. Apparently I was being a huge pussy and not holding the fire button long enough on the 521 - I was being too careful/paranoid. Thanks for the reply, though this thread done.
>>
Have you tried vaping a bit of bleach to treat them?
>>
Is that a fucking ohmmeter for mouth fedoras? Does it make you feel like an EE?
>>
File: VapingMods.gif (109KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
VapingMods.gif
109KB, 500x325px
>>1171455
>>
File: smok-gx350-e-cig-kit.jpg (28KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
smok-gx350-e-cig-kit.jpg
28KB, 693x693px
If you're gonna Vape why don't you just buy one of these?
What actually is the difference? I use this and and it does exactly what I need it to.
>>
>>1171582
>>1171584
>>1171618

Idiots.

>>1171584
Are you giving him shit for trying to be safer? Really? Someone on a DIY board is trying to make sure they dont explodinate a battery in their face and you are giving them shit. Are you the same type of asshole who would call someone a pussy for wearing gloves while welding?
>>1171582
>>1171618
Enjoy that hate filled bandwagon while it lasts. Its making your Epeen soooo big! Your Waifu cant handle it anymore.
>>
>>1171455
I can't treat people building their own coils seriously.

As a smoker the least amount of bs possible is desirable. My setup is just cheap and shitty enough to work constantly.

Aspire Triton 2 tank + clapton stainless steel coils (coils about $1 and last a month)

eleaf istick Temp Control 40watt battery

iStick TC40W

The temp control part is important.
>>
>>1171767
Enjoy your flavoring filled bandwagon while it lasts. You look like a giant douche when you walk around vaping.
>>
>>1171455
What's the point of this?

You can only vape to a point and then it reaches flash point.

I can't wait till we find out how much this causes cancer.
>>
>>1171455
Because you have the switch on "read" and
not "fire".
>>
>>1171767
>trying to make sure they dont explodinate a battery in their face

Buy products designed and built by reputable manufacturers. Then don't fuck with them. Repair only with like components approved by the manufacturer.

There's my advice.
>>
>>1171767
>Idiots.

> defends vaping
> calls others idiots

The irony is just too powerful.
Also I just want everyone to know how much contempt I have for anyone even vaguely interested in this 'hobby'.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.