[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/, the situation is: It is possible that I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20150805_164124.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20150805_164124.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Hi /diy/,

the situation is: It is possible that I'm going to inherit a 1900m2 property with a huge (~20 rooms) and old house build on it. (built around 1650). The complete frontage is under monument protection. Most of the rooms have some stucco on the walls and the ceiling. It also has a vaulted cellar. I guess refurbishing the whole house will cost millions, since it has to be done by experts. Or I could just leave it as it is, and replace one thing at a time. Which would be a neverending story. The good thing is, that there isn't any monument protection inside. But thats only because no responsible authority has ever seen it.

Would /diy/ accept the inheritance?
>>
>>1171101
Just refurbish part of the place, then move into the refurbished part, then you will have a fun /diy/ project for years

>accept or no
Why not?
>>
File: 20140822_134822.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20140822_134822.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>1171112

Parts of the exterior plaster fall down every now and then. I don't think that this will get any better in the near future. And if I want to fix that, I do need to let this get verified by experts from the city council. I'm sure they want to check the whole thing in that case.
>>
Fuck no. Sell it ASAP to another sucker who has the necessary capital to deal with city council shit. Literal fucking money pit. Maybe turn it into a b&b if the location is good? Also 10 million at least.
>>
>>1171120
So the place is in a shit state, and will need millions for refurbishment or probably make it habitable to modern standards. Not really a /diy/able project because of the scale and status, you don't want to ghetto anything for listed buildings. It may be a commercial opportunity however to have a company own it, refurbish it, then use it as a venue of sorts, this will be expensive however. Or you can sell it to someone else who want to do it, and you can take the cash and spend it elsewhere.

But this is a /diy/ dream project for many I can imagine.
>>
>>1171101
My $12hr ain't gonna renovate that so I'd have to sell it and use the money for something more modest.
>>
>>1171128
>But this is a /diy/ dream project for many I can imagine.

Personally, I'd see if the refurbished sale price could offset the cost of the repairs, and hope to make a little dosh that way.

I would absolutely NOT want to be responsible for the rebuild/upkeep of a historic building, for the same reason I'd refuse to live under HOA. Anyone wanting to tell me what I can and can't do with my living space can feck off.

I MIGHT consider it if I was able to get away with doing all or almost all of the work myself, but that would be as a financial move, not because I wanted to live there.
>>
>>1171161
Best talk to your council and clarify the status and any planning constraints or other stuff and find out exactly what you can do and cannot do. There might be something attached to the inheritance or freehold or whatever and you are responsible for it etc. This 4chan cannot help you.
>>
Well if you want to give it to someone I'll take it
>>
>>1171101
Nope. My house was built in us befor 1900 ans i want to kms... pic related. Just took it. Its in my shitter. Fixed the handle 3 fucking times, had the door off twice to male it clise good, installed hook for a lockx put faggot soon to be replaced click together floor over 3/4 osb that IS NOT waterproof and trimed it around new sink and shiter, painted, rehung fucking 80 pound mirror into plaster walls that somehow only had a small chip the rewired the lights, braced up the tub, replumbed the leaking shower, covereed up the hole i beat in the plaster walls to mount a shower head, recaulked the tub twice (it still leaks) covered up the hole where the built in wall heater was (i turned it on it shocked me then caught the house on fire,) crawled in the attic and with blind rage and 6 saw blades bitchere a hole in the lathe and plaster and mounted a fart fan because the entire riom is a grow ooeration for black mold.

100000000/10 would laugh and call u a cuck and throw the keys you give me to the house off a bridge.

Anyone got a shitgun i can eat?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.