[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever made a chainsaw motor powered bike? I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault-1.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
Have any of you ever made a chainsaw motor powered bike? I was thinking about it, just to travel short distances over to friends' houses and stuff like that. What's the best design and what advantages do different ones have? I'll just wait until a good enough chainsaw shows up on craigslist. Also at what point does it become a motorcycle?
>>
>>1170841
Lurk more.

>>1166222
>>
>>1170841
>at what point does it become a motorcycle?
This seems like something you'll end up trying to argue in court if you used a motor + cycle like that on public roads regularly.
>>
>>1170841
>Also at what point does it become a motorcycle?
there are probably rules for this depending on the country you live in. because you didn't fucking say then we can't read you fucking mind you dumb idiot retard.
typically rules will have something to do with the size/power/speed but also there is usually something to do with exceptions for power ASSISTED bicycles which means it only goves you a boost while you are actively pedalling, if you stop pedalling the engine stops too.
>>
>>1170841
>At what point does it become a motercycle
If you get to that point then glhf. Getting a vehicle proven road worthy involves seeing the state mechanic, and likely a trip to your local highway patrol station.
>>
>>1170919
in my country is like that , some "electric bicycles" have problems because they dont works like assisted bicycles and that mean that they are a motorbike
>>
>>1170841
>Also at what point does it become a motorcycle?
Depends on where you live. Duh.
Over here it's a bicycle if it's max 250W,you have to turn the motor on by pedaling simultaneously and there is a max speed it can achieve but can't remember what. Best regards from Finland.
>>
>>1170841
>Also at what point does it become a motorcycle

Sin first, ask for forgiveness later. Your average beat cop won't know the specific laws on this stuff. Unless you get pulled over by a lawyer I wouldn't worry about it. You do you boo boo, post pics of the build
>>
use a lawn mower motor
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.