[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm converting an old Lethal Enforcers arcade cabinet to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15

I'm converting an old Lethal Enforcers arcade cabinet to a mame cabinet with hyperspin. the joysticks are being a couple of bitches, though. this is how I got it.
>>
after I took off the bezel
>>
the new bezel for the LCD screen
>>
That's neat
>>
the bezel on with the mirror... probably going to go with no mirror. it makes the screen look too small
>>
>>1170797
thanks, dude. I'm having trouble with the joysticks, though. they are not tall enough and the control panel is too deep. I would build another control panel, but the original looks awesome, as old as it is.
>>
>>1170802
You mean like a normal arcade joystick? Can you route out the back of the panel and mount the joysticks to the bottom of it?
Like some of the options here:
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/mounting_layering.html
>>
>>1170808
yes. a sanwa joystick. they are made to mount onto metal plates. the control panel is about 1" deep, though. I'm liking the S-plate solution on that site. I don't want to route too deep... it might tear apart with people yanking on the joystick too hard.
>>
>>1170808
mounted the joysticks. I routed the back of the panel and just used some lock nuts. turns out the fibre board is tough as hell. Even drilling through it was pretty hard. the outer layer is super dense, but the middle of it was soft, like bread.
>>
now I just have to get some caps, or plugs, or something to fill in the holes left by the previous hardware.
>>
waiting for the amplifier power supply to come in the mail and I'll install the motherboard and a regular plug in light for the marquee.
>>
>>1172041
Dont get it wet.
>>
>>1172042
bet you could find furniture plugs at the hardware store and a bit of spray paint to color match them
>>
>>1172205

that's what I had in mind. I was hoping to get transparent ones, if they exist, and mount the mini amplifier underneath the panel somewhere. the amp has LEDs that change colors and that glowing through the plugs might look cool. it *might.* I'll have to test it and see.
>>
>>1170793
>Joysticks are being a couple of bitches
>On a gun game cabinet
That's to be expected. You atleast made a good choice by using Sanwa sticks because of the low profile.
>>
almost done, computer system mounted and running. marquee cleaned up and back on.
>>
Looking good, OP.
>>
>>1170793
> dat Datsun 200B on the cabinet

Please tell me you're preserving at least that anon.
>>
>>1173439
of course!! the marquee is still in mint condition, too.
>>
>>
still have to mount the amplifier and get a light for the marquee. I used the original speakers and they still kick ass.
>>
File: 1435824666428.jpg (117KB, 450x768px) Image search: [Google]
1435824666428.jpg
117KB, 450x768px
Nice. I'm usually saddened when an OG cab is converted (especially a lightgun game) to MAME, but I can appreciate your hard work.

Abomination in pic not related.
>>
One the one hand, nice project.
On the other, it used to be a Lethal Enforcers cabinet =(
>>
>>1170795
>LCD
>>
>>1173758
the cab was already gutted when I got it. you can't really see it in the pics, but the control panel was totally fucked. it had these weird burn-like blemishes all over it. I've seen other LE cabs and they all have them. no idea how they got there. I only kept it because the picture on it is so kick ass.
>>
>>1170793
I legit loved this game growing up. The bowling alley my parents bowled at had this, and mk3 ultimate. So much money was wasted on those 2 games.
>>
>>1175544
Sounds like cigarette burns.
>>
>>1174026
Not OP, but it's easier to work with than a traditional CRT, and a lot easier to find. Also works better with more modern games. there is really no objective reason to go with a CRT.
>>
>>1177528
agreed...I actually choose LCDs since I can go to any Goodwill store and find some decent sized ones for 8 or 10 bucks. I always sell/trade/donate the crts I take out of any cabinets I rebuild to the local arcade (the Galloping Ghost in Brookfield, IL... check that place out you bitches, you will love it)
>>
>>1177718
Lurker here, should check it out. I live 20 min away.
>>
>>1177724
you will cum buckets when you walk in there, dude. I shit you not.
>>
>>1177732
Probably will get a few friends and check it out during the weekend. Thanks
>>
test
>>
>>1175544
Well, that's a relief.
>>
File: IMG_9048.jpg (882KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9048.jpg
882KB, 2592x1728px
>>1173758
I am working on something similar. Could people with arcade cabs gib dimensions of side panels? I'll probably end up ignoring them anyway. Of particular concern is the distance from floor to the front of control panel and floor to back of the control panel so I can get some idea of an angle. I'd also like to know the distance from floor to the bottom and top of the monitor. If you know the angle it's tilted, that would be super too.
>>
File: mame.png (100KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mame.png
100KB, 2000x3000px
>>1180029
Here's this.
It's from another anon that wanted some help on how to layout by hand.
That's all I know about it, Wouldn't have even opened the thread, but your pic caught my attention on page 1
>>
>>1180037
I might put a little more slant on the panel, and raise it up 10 more cm. 88 seems kinda short. This will give me a reference point though. Thanks
>>
>>1180050
Oh one more question. Has anyone ever puttied over embedded screws, sanded, then painted over it? It's a bit ghetto, but so is this project.
>>
>>1177528
Enjoy your 32ms input latency.
>>
>>1180097
I'm not speaking about OP in this case, but is it really an issue if you emulate on a machine which has digital output?
>>
>>1180097
no such thing. wtf are you talking about? I have a couple of machines and there's no detectable latency. I mean, it's good enough to set scores at home that I can actually recreate at the arcade. I have a few verified world records as well.
>>
>>1170793
Meme cabinet?
>>
>>1180920
what?
>>
>>1173446
>urge to zone out intensifies

Man, such a nostalgia bomb.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.