[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im trying to create a website and haveing my computer as a host,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1464581810726.jpg (66KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1464581810726.jpg
66KB, 500x545px
Im trying to create a website and haveing my computer as a host, I have installed Ubuntu, and installed Apache2, php7.0, mariadb and phpmyadmin, and right now i dont know how to obtain the DNS and have a domain.
Anybody can help me whit a .pdf or his knowledge?
>>
>>1169577
Do you have a static IP? Gonna need that first.
>>
>>1169579
no, thats all i got, you have any list of procedures to finally get the page?
>>
File: 51gLQc1f8NL._SY400_.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
51gLQc1f8NL._SY400_.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
if you want a .com or other domain, you have to buy it. try namecheap.com. then set the dns to resolve the domain to your public ip address.

assuming you're on a domestic cable or dsl connection, you have to configure your router to port forward incoming connections to the server on your local network. some isps block incoming port 80, so you can try getting a letsencrypt cert and configuring apache for tls on port 443 instead.

or you can ignore all of this and access your server directly via its ip address.
>>
>>1169598
why i MUST buy it? why cant i have one for myself?
>>
>>1169619
You seem incompetent, please spare the Internet from more retardation.
>>
>>1169619
You don't need one. A URL is not a website. All a URL is, is a name. It is something for people to remember or associate with your website. You can tell people your IP address (which you get from your ISP as part of the service) and, if everything is setup correctly, they can just type that in and go there directly.

Why do you have to pay for it? Because someone has to put that information out to all of the DNS providers. Domain Name System providers translate URLs into IP addresses. When you type in Google.com to your browser that request goes to a DNS server, which looks up the name and returns the IP address to your browser. Your browser then requests the website from that IP address.

Domain registrars are the services that keep that information up to date. You buy the URL from them and they make sure all the various DNS providers out there have the current IP address on file.

This is why you need a static IP address. If your address keeps changing you have to manually update your domain registrar. They then have to hand that information out to the DNS providers. Then the DNS providers need to update their records. Depending on how fast each company responds it can take hours or even days for this change to fully propagate across the internet. By which time, your IP address may have changed again.
>>
>>1169619
lol
>>
You could get one for free with no ip or dyndns but they will have domain attached to it like example.noip.com for example. It's not the best but it's free.

Then you download the dns resolver/updater which refreshes every 5 mins, basically updates your domain to your wan ip and updates it when your wan ip changes so the redirects happen ok.

You need to forward your ports aswell
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.