[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm looking to relieve as much urine scent as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: carpet-stain-01.jpg (42KB, 194x194px) Image search: [Google]
carpet-stain-01.jpg
42KB, 194x194px
Hey guys. I'm looking to relieve as much urine scent as possible while im saving for carpet replacement. Long story short, dog would piss on the carpet, she was old and I work long hours. I had her trained for puppy pads while I was gone, but the results were ok.
I've had this dog for 13 years as my service dog, and she was called home the other day.
I'm trying to relieve some of this scent until replacement day comes.
Any body a carpet cleaner or experienced with this?
>>
Friend of mine owns an antique store. She had a store of one time she got a carpet guy to evaluate an old, large rug. The first thing he did was get down on his knees and smell it. He claimed that piss smells are basically impossible to remove and that any carpet smelling of piss was valueless.

Good luck, OP.
>>
>>1169287
Go to the pet store and get an urine enzyme formula like Nature's Miracle. It is your best bet. You can rent an extractor too if you want. This will help to.
>>
>>1169287

soak in enzyme
>>
Thanks guys. Like the first anon said, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to remove the scent. Maybe some nature's miracle will lessen it though.
>>
>>1169287
I been there before. She had a bad bladder cause we lived in the hood and someone antifreezed her. She survived had no bladder control for the next 10 years.

Try vinegar, it neutralizes the odor.
Or steam clean it and cover(and i mean cover) the floor in baking soda or oet fresh while the floor is wet.
Those enzymes kind of work, some better than others.

What I'd do, personally, is get some of the pet odor and urine sprays from from next to the steam cleaners in your local mega mart, the ones that make no claim of enzymes. Drench the floor, wait about and hour, drench again, and cover in pet fresh.

One of the big components of urine are sodium crystals. The cleaners I'm talking about basically resaturate ecerything that was in the urine and allows it to come to the surface. The arm and hammer will absorb all of it like a sponge. Well, not all of it.

You're going to have to use a lot, and it'll be messy. You're going to have to vaccuum a lot, and maybe do it multiple times, but I've had serious luck with it. Both from my dog and my shitty little cousin when he pissed in my guest room bed and didn't tell me. Unrelated but the little bastard, showered, changed his clothes, and made the bed before I woke up. A fucking 5 year old. Should have knew something was up.

But, if it soaked into your substrate you might be screwed.

Or, it'll look ghetto but you can rip out the carpet and paint the substrate.
>>
distilled white vinegar and water
>>
>>1169426
Thanks anon. Will try.
As for the substrate, it's covered in a gypcrete, so it should be fine. I have lifted large portions of carpet and the gypcrete isn't stained.
I'll try this though, the scent needs to go
>>
>>1169426
Also what ratio of vinegar to water do I need to make up?
>>
>>1169426
>antifreezed
you mean gave her antifreeze? she must have been annoying the neighbors or something, that's shitty.
>>
>>1169287
If you're going to be replacing the carpet anyways I would suggest just ripping the old stuff and the pad now and living with a bare sub-floor for now.

Its soaked through the carpet, into the pad, and even sub-floor. Anything you do now is just a waste of money. At least once you're down to the subfloor you can assess the damage there and replace as needed instead of on the day they come to do the carpet and your costs go through the roof. Or, worse yet, leave a penetrated subfloor intact and put brand new carpeting over the top of it.

My mother did just that instead of spending the extra $150 to replace the effected panels. Now the new carpet smells like dog piss.

>"I just don't get it!?"
>you're a fucking woman thats why
>>
>>1169726
That's actually what I'll probably end up doing. Like I said earlier, I did pull up the carpet and the subfloor gypcrete isn't effected, but the padding is definitely toast.
>>
Did that rug tie the room together?
>>
File: i-N7LwXqV-L.jpg (121KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
i-N7LwXqV-L.jpg
121KB, 800x451px
>ctrl-f
>"windex"
>0 of 0

Hit the bad spots with 50/50 windex/hot water. The rental machines are usually 2 gallons capacity.
Let that dry for a while, then go over the whole room with straight hot water. (I usually kick the HWH up a few clicks when I do the carpet cleaning).
>>
>>1169287
Used to clean preffessionally op. All we ever did was throw a bunch of simple green in with the watter. Worked fine.

Also if u faggots ever get gum ina csrpt goo gone and a wire brush.

U get a red stain either live with it or buy new carpet.

Carpetfag out
>>
>>1170478
That helped die down the smell of dog piss? I'm just trying to go a couple more months so I can save up the cash.
>>
>>1169287
>carpet
>not using superior tile
Nah, but seriously vinegar works great on urine. If you are having puppy wetting problems, though, ceramic or porcelain tile would be a good alternative to carpet. Everything about carpet is absorbent and you get the same problems with hardwood.
>>
>>1172038

>carpet
>not using superior tile

Might be OK with dogs, but cat piss gets into the grout and you are shit out of luck if it dries, girlfriends cat pissed all over my kitchen, told her to get rid of the cat, she decided to leave too, had to Dremel out a ton of grout and re-do it all, fuck every goddam cat straight to hell.
>>
>>1172043

Just purchased a house with this exact problem, even under the tile not just grout.
>>
I'm going to try the vinegar thing. I was thinking about having Stanley steamer come out, I'm sure they've got something
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.