[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im installing an amp in my car and im trying to hook up a direct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (15KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 768x768px
im installing an amp in my car and im trying to hook up a direct line in to my phone to bypass the radio (though a dual channel pot for volume control). i would expect the phone's 3.5mm jack to be in stereo tip ring sleeve, however when i hook it up as such (left side of the pic) i get like a conflicting signal and it cuts out all of the top end and is very quiet. but when i hook it up like on the right side of the pic, i get full range and full volume. also i dont need to hook up each channel to both the + and -, i can do just one or the other and it sounds exactly the same. also another weird thing is that if i just hook up one channel or the ground, it will quietly play like its picking up the signal as rf over the air and i can touch any of the other wires and it will play the signal at almost full volume through my body, even if im not touching the phone or car body.

so im not exactly sure why the 3.5mm isnt outputting the way i think i should and why i need to wire it the way that i do to make it work. do phones have a different kind of 3.5mm pinout?
also im not sure how the signal is able to jump wirelessly simply through a male to male jack and through me.
>>
>>1168578
Try grounding the negatives and see if it works. That's my best bet.
>>
>>1168585
grounding to where the chassis?
>>
>>1168578
You are seriously mistaken about some aspect of the amp pinout.
>>
>>i would expect the phone's 3.5mm jack to be in stereo tip ring sleeve

dont assume this to be true; you need to make a test. they like to fuck around with these, adding an extra wire, or mixing up the wires so it only works with their proprietary headphones.

the left-hand drawing should have worked fine if the jack is standard. try hooking it up a different source, like an old-school MP3 player.
>>
>>1168591
how so?
>>1168592
good point, however ive never had a problem with any other speaker system like my other car with built in aux and my ~7 year old bedside radio, in addition to several different brands headphones. ill test with my laptop later anyway since i think it has a line out.
>>
>>1168595
also i used 3 different jacks all with the same results
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.