[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

homemade soap I have a alot of cedar shaving (from a planer)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: hvac.jpg (11KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
hvac.jpg
11KB, 271x186px
homemade soap
I have a alot of cedar shaving (from a planer) can i use them to made a base or something to make soap with?
>>
>>1167854
huh. apparently you might be able to get tiny amounts of cedar oil out of them from steaming them in a pressure cooker, then skimming the oil off the top of the water after it cools.

Or just use a belt sander and push shavings against the belt to make cedar sawdust, and just mix that into the soap.

shavings would be too big I think, you want much more of a powdery sawdust. call it a natural microbead for a deep clean
>>
>>1167854
Simmer the shavings for 12 hours just under boil with about 2 tsps of plain or cider vinegar or any easily disolvable ph raising agent that I can't think of.

When the water gets too low, strain it into a collecting pot. Add more water to the stew and continue simmering. Do this no more than 3 times.

After, take the strained stew in the collecting pot and simmer that down for 5ish more hours.

You should have a good oil to add to lye soap.

And don't use aluminum pots.
>>
>>1168035
when you mix that with the lye, isnt it going to lower the ph, dont you want your lye to be strong when mixed with the oil?
what about just boiling the cedar chips in the oil?
>>
>>1168023
Washing with saw dust.

Seems itchy
>>
>>1168035
Fuck.

>Muh 5 gallon cast aluminum pressure cooker
>>
>>1168828

washing with tar

seems sticks
>>
>>1168775
The oil is extracted from the chips, mix the oil in when youre boiling your soap. I just assumed you were making lye soap homesteader style.
>>1168829
Sorry :(
It would be probably be fine but heating plant matter with aluminum destroys certain alkaloids, might not affect the fragrance but idk.
>>
>>1169145
is it better to mix the cedar in the oil and heat the oil for several hours? or do you think mixing the cedar with water and extracting it that way is better?
>>
>>1169148
why don't you make a 3rd thread to ask about it...
>>
>>1169148
The oil is extracted from the chips. Idk why youd extract then boil it with the chips. The oil will get reabsorbed.
>>
>>1169150
why you eat my poopy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.