[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on sowing grass seed Rough guess its about 30 square

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Lawn-stripey-1mg13.jpg (43KB, 800x441px) Image search: [Google]
Lawn-stripey-1mg13.jpg
43KB, 800x441px
Need advice on sowing grass seed

Rough guess its about 30 square metres. I've dug all the soil today and raked it over. Do I need to apply new soil on top or fertiliser? Also, what are the best ways to keep birds from eating it all? I'm on a budget btw.

Lawn maintenance general I guess
>>
File: scarecrow-1518839__340.jpg (75KB, 509x340px) Image search: [Google]
scarecrow-1518839__340.jpg
75KB, 509x340px
>>1167735
>, what are the best ways to keep birds from eating it all?
scarecrow
>>
>>1167735
You should buy turf rolls, I its very hard to get a good looking lawn they way you plan, check the turf as soon as its delivered because of limited warranty. Hire a roller to level the turf after laying it all out.
>>
>>1167749

No you degenerate. Cover it with peat moss.
>>
>>1167758

I've recently turfed a large section of the lawn. I just cut it and its gone brown but I think with daily watering and feed it should be ok?

The area I intend to seed runs the length of the garden close to the hedge and a patch at the top which gets little sun. I seeded some patches recently and it came up ok, although a bit sparse in places.

>>1167749

lol no. I thought about one of those fake birds of prey but apparently they're don't work very well. I tried hanging cds all over the garden but that had no effect. I really can't be bothered netting everything so maybe just cover the seed with soil as much as possible?
>>
>>1167761
>I've recently turfed a large section of the lawn. I just cut it and its gone brown but I think with daily watering and feed it should be ok?

How long was the stuff down before you cut it? I plan to let mine grow out for months to let it bed in to the base soil then treet it as normal, let the roots bed in you know?

a bit sparse in places.
That's the problem I see with seeding, getting the density right plus birds as you say and short of standing guard all day I cant think of a way to protect the seeds which is why I said stuff it just buy ready made turf.
>>
>>1167766
Treat
>>
>>1167766

The turf was down about a month before it was cut. The guy who laid it for me came back and said I'd let it grow way to long and that you should keep trimming it because when it gets too long and you mow, it tears the grass or something.
>>
>>1167770
I dunno m8, grass is pretty indestructible, i can see his point but a month is no time at all for it to bed in and when its bedded in shouldn’t rip out. Maybe hit it with a strimmer than a full on lawn mower, I need to read up on this. Good luck anon.
>>
Not OP but I also have a lawn problem.

A vole infestation has left several bare spots on my lawn, which is causing the topsoil to wash away after rainstorms. I need something growing in these spots to prevent erosion.

In my area it is now much too late to sow turf seed. Is clover a good alternative for the interim? I hate weeds, but I'll take weeds over bare dirt.

I plan on spraying broadleaf herbicide on these spots in the fall, then raking up the debris and overseeding.
>>
>>1167807
rye grass
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.