[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ Im trying to make a portable 60 hertz degausser but I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1491527264400.jpg (51KB, 680x645px) Image search: [Google]
1491527264400.jpg
51KB, 680x645px
/sci/ Im trying to make a portable 60 hertz degausser but I need some help. See I tried to used a portable 12v battery with a 12v/120v power inverter connected to a coil but I fried the fuse inside the power inverter because the coil creates a short circuit. How do I go around this problem?
>>
>>1167357
use ohm's law (v=i*r), use the current that the inverter can supply continusly (i.e. less than the fuse value basically) and the voltage (120v) to calculate the resistance required across the output.
check the resitance per unit length of whatever wire you are making the coil from and calculate its minimum length based on resistance from above.

if the resistance is too low too much current will flow and fuse will blow.

also there are inductive elements of impedance but i don't want to blow your mind lets keep it simple.
>>
File: 20170425_163818.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170425_163818.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>1167365
So my degausser is a microwave transformer. Im using the primary coil pic related
>>
>>1167365
Will changing the fuse to 30a fuse help? Strangely the inverter specs said it had a fast blow 10a fuse but inside there was a 15a fuse
>>
a MOT is typically rated 1000W or more. your inverter is probably 75-150W, so you can see the obvious problem. use a smaller x-former.
>>
>>1167371
Do you think I fried the inverter for good?
>>
yes, with a probability index of 0.1293
>>
>>1167370
Sure it will. Instead of blowing the fuse the current will blow the inverter!
Anyway, it sounds ds like the fuse blown was on the input 12V side? There often is some protection in inverters also but I don't know how fast those are...
>>
>>1167357
Not sure if this will help, but i had to make a degouser for my hit CRT tv. I grabbed a long padle bit and duct tapped a few feidge magnets to it. Throw it ina corrded drill at warp speed and wave it around the tv.

There

Degoused.
>>
>>1167357
*autistic screeching*
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.