[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in the planning stages of building an automated aeropre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: aeropress-4.jpg (83KB, 350x715px) Image search: [Google]
aeropress-4.jpg
83KB, 350x715px
I am in the planning stages of building an automated aeropress coffee maker device, preferably combined with an automated milk frother, and i need some advice on what kinds of components to use or what to hack apart for what kinds of components.

>some kind of in-line water heater or small reservoir+heater that can heat up to 10oz of water to 200F before pumping it away. I could just use an electric kettle but I'm wondering if there's something more barebones i can do or something more integrated where the reservoir and heater and pump are all in one.

>some kind of water to keep milk refrigerated in a container while also being able to pump the cold milk out of it to feed into something else

>some way to easily generate frothed milk, possibly just use a frothing want on a swiveling arm but i'm wondering if there's a way to do it in-line while squirting it into the coffee cup

>a pre built simple twisting wrist gripper, i'll be using some festo fin grippers but i'd like to use an already existing gripper design that can grab, and twist 360 at the wrist, then put all that on a vertical sliding rail so it can pick up the aeropress, flip it and place it back down.

>some way to remove the filter cap of an aeropress as simply as possible, maybe just a grippy circular thing on a swing arm that plops onto the filter cap and twists to get it off.

if these questions seem vague, they are, i'm just fishing for ideas or existing things i can use instead of reinventing the wheel

i got inspired by this video by the way although my design will differ from theirs quite a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o8cTh_tM68
>>
>>1167204
>reinventing the french cafetiere
ftfy
>>
>>1167225
i'm a die hard aeropress fan. i like french presses and all but the aeropress makes much better coffee in most cases desu

the one big downside to the aeropress is that it's a lot of work for not much coffee, hence automating it

also for fun
>>
File: pACE3-1039113enh-z7.jpg (31KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
pACE3-1039113enh-z7.jpg
31KB, 435x435px
>>1167204
>Use a peristaltic pump for water, that way you can use food safe high temp tubing and the pump itself won't touch the water. This can be 3d printed or bought on its own
>burr grinder of course
>as for hot water, what if you used one of pic related and just had that connected to a relay. Have that connected to an Arduino with a temp probe and some PID code to keep it at the exact temp you want
>>
>>1168401
don't peri pumps have a bad habit of like, oozing water since they only nudge the water along instead of forcing it?
however that is a good point about using it so i can user much higher temperature hose.

what is that a pic of though?
>>
in the description of the video it says they got a busted espresso machine and got the thermoblock + pump out of it, why not do that? bust espresso machines are common on ebay
>>
>>1168404
Negative. The Keurig etc machine are all peristaltic pumps and they get 9-15 bar according to their advertising.
>>
>>1168404
It's an Immersion heater. The advantage of that (with a temperature probe) over a thermoblock is that you can have it be exactly the right brewing temp since thermoblocks are known to be inconsistent in temp
>>
>>1168464
can't you massively improve the thermoblock's temp consistency by using a PID controller with a temperature probe in the outflow? that way it isn't overshooting or undershooting the temp like an idiot
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.