[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im a welder and I need some advice for my resume. Anything would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Capture.png (73KB, 682x777px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
73KB, 682x777px
Im a welder and I need some advice for my resume. Anything would be appreciated especially if your a welder looking at this.
>>
Quantify stuff. Like 5 years 14 months full time etc.
>>
Pastebin it and I'll fix grammar and spacing and stuff for you.
>>
>>1165794
Surely a welder resume you should write in a beads of welding wire on aluminium plate or something? I know nothing about welding but why the fuck would you hire a welder based NOT on a practical demo?
>>
>>1165794
break up your experience into two parts

Duties:
-i was responsible for this
-this
-and this

Accomplishments:
-it led to a %XX increase in this
-with $2342234324 saved on that
-and XXXX number of manhours completed safely

quantities my man, quantities.
>>
File: IMG_20140618_162201497_HDR-L.jpg (77KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140618_162201497_HDR-L.jpg
77KB, 800x451px
>>1165794
>January2014
Needs a space.
Little shit like that does make a difference - shows thoroughness and quality. Remember this is the first (and only) think the recruiter/hiring manager knows about you.

Pick a format and roll with it.
Right now you've got one format (font/color/layout) for education, and a completely different one for experience. Even the line spacing between worldwide flight svcs and katy welding is different.

Some things you have in more than one place - "blue print reading" for example, is listed in both education and skills/abilities. Only needs to be in one place.

Certifications/volunteer orgs - this one's real confusing. Is TIG a volunteer gig? Is CERT a certification? Welders know this, but remember, you're designing your resume for an idiot - the hiring/HR manager that probably knows next to nothing about the position.
Personally I'd keep all your certifications in the education group.

Remember to tailor each resume you submit to the exact posting you're replying to. If it says they want "Certified stainless welder", make sure your resume includes "Certified stainless welder", or "Stainless Welder" under Certifications.
Chances are pretty high that your resume's going through an automated filter that's looking at keywords, so the better your resume matches the posting, the more likely it is to be seen by a person.

>Pic related legitimately came across my desk a few years ago. Guess who didn't get the job.
>>
>>1165816
Thx Bud here's the link
https://pastebin.com/P0wJgHLq
>>
>>1165828
I know this is nu-diy shit, but fuckit, I'll bite.
Put yourself in the shoes of an hr worker, who has no experience in anything and thinks you're some kind of wizard because you have certifications saying you can make bits of metal stick to other bits of metal. At least you cover your ass if the hire turns out to be inept. Hr departments wouldn't be able to tell pic related from a chicken-shit hemorrhoid on rusted metal.
>>
>>1165843
Listen to this man he drops knowledge.
>>
I suggest showing up onsite to ask the welders how to hire on. Be dressed for welding and have your PPE with you along with spare clear lenses etc so you can't be interrupted to go get shit. If you've been welding long enough to be good you'll have a job box etc with all that shit.

Be ready to test because they may tell you to have at it then and there.

HR fields resumes but welders typically test to hire because paper means shit if you can't weld to spec.

Visit http://weldingweb.com/ and ask if anyone knows of work in your area.

>I'm a welder

What KIND? If you are a green welder just out of school that's relevant and also a good reason to show up in person because if you impress your future co-workers you may get on as a welder, or perhaps a fitter. Welders fucking appreciate aggressive ambition and hustle.
>>
>>1166801
Also any other non-weldy quals like a CDL are useful so mention them.
>>
>>1165794
forklift license goes at the top of the list! all that other shit you put under Skills is padding and we both know it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.