[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /diy/? i'm looking to build a glass and steel panel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mzp8zouMR51r081g3o1_500.jpg (44KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzp8zouMR51r081g3o1_500.jpg
44KB, 500x333px
sup /diy/?

i'm looking to build a glass and steel panel wall/divider. indoors, no door. pic related it's roughly the look i'm aiming for. i'm having a hard time finding tutorial or any other information online. only contractors that quote me anything between 2000 and 5000 urodollars for a couple of m2. do you have any experience with comparable projects? a headsup on what shape of extruded metal i should use, etc?

chers
>>
>>1165750
a bunch of glass cut to size, some metal frame with screws to hold a frame holding the glass panels in place, it is like a bunch of picture frames just a big one and all connected
>>
>>1165753
ya i got that far. so do you use T-profiles? what frame do you use for the glass, a smaller L?

you're not of much help if you're just guessing, i have a pretty vivid imagination myself. i'd rather see some proven working solutions
>>
Not OP, but was thinking about something like this. What would be the downside of using an acrylic sheet as opposed to glass? I figure if I can get a large enough sheet I could just use tools I have at home to cut it myself
>>
>>1165762
>you're not of much help if you're just guessing, i have a pretty vivid imagination myself. i'd rather see some proven working solutions

now imagine you go fuck yourself with some T profiles

>>1165772
>downsides
acrylic sheets are soft so easily scratched, also will not look as good because it tends to wobble, also may not be UV stable
>>
>>1165775
Kek
>>
File: alpha.jpg (10KB, 251x246px) Image search: [Google]
alpha.jpg
10KB, 251x246px
>>1165775
i imagine you with your thumb up your bum while you wildly ejaculate all over your computer screen, the highlight of your day were you gave a stranger on the internet some sass. see? you are assertive! you can stand up for yourself! mom was wrong! now go yell at her about your newfound self-esteem from your basement you redpilled ubermench you
>>
>>1165750
If you want to do it right there is a lot of welding in it. I have made similar frames for interior decorators, and we made them out of square tubing with angle iron to hold the glass. Lots of cutting, lots of welding and a lot of measuring if you want it sort of straight.
>>
You need to have a few vertical structural members (analogues to 2x4s in a wall), and you will need a header above that door.

Glass is sensitive to deflection. Someone could lean on that wall or slam the door.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.