[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying a roof floor (156m2/1680sqf), on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

I'm thinking of buying a roof floor (156m2/1680sqf), on some building. Going to check the place out wendsday. Maybe you could give some tips what to look for, what should i be expecting.
Realise that i might have to put a lot of work in, since will want to toit myself. Will post some more pics on the replys
>>
>>
>>1165719
>>
4. Last one
Would really appreciate some help.
>>
>>1165716
>Realise that i might have to put a lot of work in

thats actually not a lot of work at all. you have an almost perfect clean slate there.

maybe a week for drywall, a week for the floor.

is there a place for a bathroom/plumbing?
>>
>>1165716
What is it like in summer when it is blistering hot? You'll need some good insulation to help stop it from becoming an oven.
>>
>>1165735
continuing from this. check the masonry with a screwdriver. make sure its not all crumbly.

thump the timbers with a hammer and check for dryrot.

if there is any kind of plumbing, inspect that thoroughly. the biggest thing is water intrusion either from bad pipes or a leaky roof.
>>
>>1165716
wtf is that floor? is that just insulation in between joists?
>>
>>1165716
>buying a roof floor
Buying the highest level of a building (since it does not already seem to be set up as a living space it would be called an Attic) for some reason?
To convert it to an apartment/living space?

Is that floor concrete? The deep mulch of bird shit/carcasses/rodent droppings shows there is a major problem with animals accessing that area. How much would the building owner be responsible for (like that poorly boarded window?) and how many restrictions are on the space?

Sanitary facilities/hookups for water and power?
Heating, Air Conditioning? This is the hottest and coldest part of many buildings.

Okay, assuming you are trying to make a go if this.
1.Don't let them classify the entire floor as living space that you are paying tax/renting/anything on. The areas below 3 ft or so are useless.

2.decontaminate. All the bird shit in there is home to all the worlds shittiest shit-related plagues. Way too many things that end in -Osis and -Itis. Get a professional crew in there if you can or at least go full tyvek-suit +respirator&facemask. Work from the top down, brushing dust and dirt from the boards, from the tops of the beams, all cracks and work your way down to removing all of that mulch-of-hell of the floor.sweep and shovel at first but eventually you are going to want to get down to HEPA-vaccing out the cracks, followed by spraying things down with disinfectant and wet-dry vaccing again. All of the dust is full of spores and horrible shit and you need to wash the inside of that roof, beams & floor until you would be happy Licking them.

3.toilet. really, they matter. What is the situation for a toilet, a minimal shower and a sink? You will have to make those work first and plan the rest of the layout accordingly.

cont-
>>
>>1165741
4. floor. What is that floor made of?Even if it is concrete it looks like shit. Personally I would consider framing in a simple 'deck' or the like, just pressure treated slats running across the floor and leveled. You could do minimum or bring the whole floor up the level of that door. A higher floor would also give you a place to run flexible water and power lines (avoid sewer if you can) to useful areas from whatever panel is installed.

5.framing
personally, I would abandon the far edges under the roof. Decide your line for flooring/walls and frame it in. Continue this upwards. You will basically make a box inside the space with insulation on the outside, towards the ceiling and dead space, and eventually sheetrock/plaster on the inside. This will be a bit finicky around the window but needed. Make sure there is an air gap between the top of your structure and the.. slate? metal? whatever that dark roofing material is. Making sure you can access those areas outside your space may be important if there are any repair needs in the future so give it a thought as you lay things out.
>>
Haven't been to look the place yet as stated.
From the photos can see that the hole in the roof( most likely not intented to be there) , is the main reason the bird shit everywhere.
But by the ad, they have the communications electicity,plumbing and water to the attic.

The temperature ranges from +36C 97F in the summer down to - 26C -
17F during winter.
>>
>>1165716
>I'm thinking of buying a roof floor

So... you're buying a ceiling?
>>
File: 1488763520948.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1488763520948.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
>>1165716
>buying part of a building that you don't own, with other people living in it, who also own part of the building.

??????????????
>>
>>1165716
do it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.