[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 12 hours to unclog this drain - most likely hair&soap.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: 20170421_222625.jpg (2MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_222625.jpg
2MB, 4128x3096px
I have 12 hours to unclog this drain - most likely hair&soap. How do I go about? This is pretty urgent
>>
>>1165323
A wire coat hanger works in a pinch.
>>
I usually just use some long tweezers, like they have in the ER for doing stitches, works pretty well for normal daily maintenance.

If it's a big clog, the coat hanger works, otherwise use something to remove the drain insert (if there is one) and just drag all that shit out.
>>
File: 1492829274800-1502828520.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
1492829274800-1502828520.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
I felt around with a stick- doesn't feel like it's too deep - plus I havent been able to extract any gunk. I think the problem may lay at the top part of the drain (forgive me for lack of better knowledge when it comes to terminology)

In the pic are the pins I have for a screwdriver but I couldnt find an actual screwdriver.

Is there a way to improvise one?
>>
>>1165323
Draino works. If you're in a pinch/hurry.
>>
>>1165333
It cleared pretty solid clogged drain of hair and puke.
>>
Air compressor.
>>
File: HLgoZ.png (32KB, 590x275px) Image search: [Google]
HLgoZ.png
32KB, 590x275px
>>
>>1165323

i'm a big fan of sodium hydroxide
>>
>>1165339
For the love of God this. If there is ever a sticky for this board, these should be on it as the stock answer to a clogged drain.
>>
>>1165339
Dont use draino

Use these things. They are like a dollar at the hardware store and clean out the trap very easily.
Then dump hot shampoo water down the drain for good measure, as it cuts some of the grease and gunk left in it
>>
Here's where I'm at right now:
I found a plier and took off the part marked in red, and when I feel inside the drain, I don't recognize any gunk or hair, and still the water refuses to drain.

Is it a problem further down the drainage?
>>
File: drain.png (2MB, 2072x904px) Image search: [Google]
drain.png
2MB, 2072x904px
>>1165387
>>
>>1165390
Go to Walmart and get one of these >>1165339

They're two dollars and you can reuse them.
>>
>>1165339
I can tell you, OP, these definitely work. When I used to have long hair that clogged my tub, these plastic wands with teeth works every time. Tip, I would wear latex gloves while using these. You will want it so you can remove all nasty gunk and hair you pull up.
>>
File: home_abortion_kit.jpg (18KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
home_abortion_kit.jpg
18KB, 640x426px
>>1165390
The part marked in red is an overflow drain designed to keep you from overfilling the tub. you shouldn't expect to find anything in there. Your clog is going to be in the main drain, circled in blue.

Like so many others have said, buy some of >>1165339 these and use them to reach in and grab whatever it is. If you can't make it to the store, try to rig a little hook out of stiff wire and fish around in the drain with that.
>>
>>1165331
Do you not have an air gun? Or get one from a hardware store? You pump it up to build air pressure and you shoot it down the plughole
>>
vinegar, bakingpowder/natron, boiling water and liquid soap.

1. baking powder/natron in drain
2. vinegar
3. boiling water
4. liquid soap and more boiling water
>>
File: Screenshot_20170422-040310.png (543KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170422-040310.png
543KB, 1080x1920px
>>1165323
Look anons. I am far from pro bit to this day i shock those guys. The meme teir snakes and shit work yes.

Dragging out the last 30 years of pubes is gag worthy gross and productive but i have spent thousands on uncliging shit and plumbers and i am 31. I will share with u the best advice i have.

Try a hanger or cheap snake from the store. If this does not work then DO NOT BIY FAGGOT FUCKING DRAINO. I am nit kidding. My tub has roots ir something plugging it up about twice a year. Until i run new lines we hire a plumber to snake a clean out next to the house twice a year. I descided to gamble last year and bought 3 bottle of ALL drain unclogger. From dollar store off brand shit to draino nothing worked. And it was not cheap.

Here is what did work. And always does work.

NOTE: it is a watered down acid that will eat the finish off of plated drains and may eat cast iron pipes bit who cares. If roots are in the pipes its time to replace and you can replace plated drains cheap. I have yet to experiment but these $7 bottles i believe are just watered down acid that you can buy by the gallon but i dont know.

Alright faggots. Your tub is dicked. If it drains at all empty it. If not then vucket water and fluch it in the shitter. Remove the drain screen and get all the water u can out. Run hot water or boil a bunch. The most hot watter the better.

Dump a vottle of liquid fire pic related down the drain. It may sizzle and smoke and dont breathe the fumes. Open windows or fuckoff out of there. If it goes down start tossing all the got watter in and turn the got watter on. Run a lot.

Dont get it on u.

Puc related and next post os an old t sgirt and 7 bucks. Draino os sgot cuck teir and 13.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170422-040423.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170422-040423.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>1165323
Liquid sgirt is not a lie. Lowes and other stores. Even just for fun.
>>
>>1165463
Holy fucking spellcheck batman. Sorry.

Dump liquid fire in. If it goes down flush with hot or boiling water. Run hot watter a bunch.

Fairly certain i have worked with this acid and water delutes it. Good luck anons. If nothing else for 7$ u can be a cock and ruin enemy clothes cheap
>>
what also works is coca cola, dump 2 litres in the drain and it will sizzle and unclog in a few minutes, cheap and easy if the clog is biomass.
>>
File: heavydutyBoth.jpg (21KB, 190x330px) Image search: [Google]
heavydutyBoth.jpg
21KB, 190x330px
This shit right here
liquid lye
>>
Bleach dissolves hair, why isnt this the first answer.

> dumb fucks cant into Occam's Razor
>>
>>1165323
>Go down in the basement or wherever
>unhook plumbing before U trap design
>zip tie a couple neoprene layers around vertical pipe to contain fluid
>place bucket underneath
>go back up to tub drain
>pour muriatic acid down tub drain
>wear all appropriate PPE associated with acid exposure
>ventilate if you can
>let acid work for 10-15 min
>carefully remove neoprene and drain acid into plastic 5 gallon container
>dilute with water
>assemble plumbing and examine drain speed of tub by running water
>if clog persists replace trap
>if clog persists after trap replaced you're fucked
>pour
>>
>>1165461
The vinegar will just destroy the baking soda and the soap will destroy the vinegar so what you're left with is boiling water and soap.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.