[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which harbour freight/lidl/canadian tire/etc. Chinese rebranded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: download (16).png (340KB, 480x604px) Image search: [Google]
download (16).png
340KB, 480x604px
Which harbour freight/lidl/canadian tire/etc. Chinese rebranded abominations do you own? I bought pic related on sale. I used it once or twice to reslot a screw.
>>
I've got 3 HF angle grinders.

The locking pin for the spindle keeps fucking breaking, so the flap disc that's on them is on for the life of the tool.

I need to break down and buy a makita.
>>
>>1165046
one mc cordless drill rigid 12v impact driver
>>
When I was an aluminum welder we had this mastercraft angle grinder at work.
I'm glad we didn't have to use it often, it was so rickety and sketchy I was actually a bit scared to use it.
>>
I bought their 13 gallon dust collector that works well. I add a 5 gallon bucket as a front end.
>>
>>1165046
Extol - dremel clone, Gude delta grinder, som Tesco meme brand from 10 years ago -jig saw(still works finaly even found replacment blades) etc. etc. and ton of small shit like tape mesure, small nut set with ratchet from no name china shit brand
other part of tools is from brands mostly they dont exist anymore so no idea (have things from good old cccp - whitch somtimes is eqivalent to china)
the only brand power tool i have so far from a brand is my anglegrinder from makita - had a meme brand one killed it with som nice effects ... fucking sparks evrivhere kek
for hobby and small projects and things around house are meme brands ok(when you use it like once a month)
>>
>>1165046
Im gonna buy the new harbor freight portable band saw
They fixed the tracking issue and stuck a new name on it
>>
>>1165046
>I bought pic related on sale.
Opie, you 'tard, what the fuck is that even a picture of? It appears to be some kind of power tool, but that's all I can figure out from the retarded closeup.

My "Chinese rebranded abominations" are mostly "Ryobi" tools from Home Depot.
The tools are actually cheap chink shit, and Home Depot pays the real Ryobi to put their brand name on HD's "house brand" crap.
By comparison, Harbor Freight is selling essentially the same level stuff, often for half the cost.
I recently bought a Harbor Freight 1/2" cordless drill for $40.
Home Depot wanted $70 for a similar drill, but it didn't have a battery or charger.
>>
>>1165224
>comparing a ryobi drill to a harbor freight drill because of its country of origin

lel
>>
File: 20160819_113202.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_113202.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1165228
>>comparing a ryobi drill to a harbor freight drill because of its country of origin
They're both cheap chink crap.
Don't confuse real Ryobi products with the Home Depot rebranded shit.
The only real Ryobi products at HD are leaf blowers and such, NOT the woodworking tools.
Pic related is my Ryobi table saw.
>>
>>1165235
>They're both cheap chink crap.

What sort of quality american drill and table saw should I be buying?
>>
I've got almost exclusively Mastercraft (Canadian tire) or Powerfist (princess auto) tools. Just a DIY-er but I do metalwork, automotive, etc.. Never had any of their stuff break or even wear out over the last 15 or so years of collecting my various tools and wrenching on rusted shit.

The only tools I've ever had break were JobMate (which.. I think was the old Canadian Tire shit brand?). Those were utter trash. I don't think I have a single item, let alone used tool, from JobMate that survived. Everything from pliers to cordless drills to toolboxes: all of them broke catastrophically in some way. Shittiest brand ever.
>>
>>1165046
i bought a little mastercraft 20v impact wrench from crappy tire a few years ago. i thought it was gonna be shitty and i'd never use it but that fucker has ended up being used nearly every day. like having a cordless impact enough that i ended up buying the big Dewalt but that little mastercraft is still my go to tool for smaller nuts/bolts
>>
>>1165311
my biggest problem with Canadian tire tools is the fucking insane prices they seem to think their Chinese shit is worth. of course every week they'll throw some $500 set on sale for $100 which is what it's actually worth but that inflated regular price is just a fucking insult
>>
>>1165046

the quick-release clamps are damn good for the price!
>>
File: mRU5aQe.png (48KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
mRU5aQe.png
48KB, 500x269px
>>1165236
>What sort of quality american drill and table saw should I be buying?
In my book? Buy the cheap shit.
A friend of mine has a Milwaukee sawzall, a Milwaukee 1/2" drill, etc.
Great stuff, and it will probably last him a lifetime, but for the same cost I can buy 4-8 each of the cheap tools, just use them to death, and it's cheaper overall.
You'll notice I'm not arguing Rigid vs Harbor Freight.. I'm addressing OP's question: "what Chinese rebranded abominations do you own?".
And in t hat context, my point is Home Depot's pseudo-Ryobi tools are on par with Chicago Electric from Harbor Freight, but the HF stuff usually costs much less.
>>
>>1165320
I've never bought anything regular price there, I completely agree. Even their "sales" you have to watch out for. But they've got decent and simple warranties on all their shit, lifetime on any Maximum series stuff. People pay big bucks in a red and white truck for that sort of warranty and replacement convinience.

I've had the luxury of slowly amassing tools as I've gotten older and got progressively more space to store shit, which means I've been able to wait for sales. Pretty much the final thing I need is a simple 2-post lift, then my garage is done (except for random special tools I can nab from Princess Auto when/if I need them).
>>
>>1165357
>Rigid
As expected.
>>
>>1165365
i don't think anyone actually buys at the regular price. honestly think they just have those crazy prices to make their sales look like amazing deals. the shit comes on sale often enough that you can just wait a week or 2 anyway. did they scrap the warranty on the regular mastercraft shit now? it was always lifetime too for hand tools. either way i've never had an issue getting a tool replaced even when it was obviously abused

i'm on a farm so more tools then i know what to do with but i just keep buying them for some reason. yeah princess auto is about the best place to get specialty tools especially when you know you'll only use it a few times
>>
>>1165224
You're the retard if you do not know what is commonly used for reslotting screws. Also Ryobi is owned by Milwaukee's and parent company and has nothing to do with Harbor Freight.
>>
>>1165402
Not going to defend that other guy
If you are talking about the power drills, then yeah Ryobi is within the same company as Milwaukee.

But Ryobi just being a name, they rebadge a lot of stuff from different manufacturers.

Their small bandsaw for example is identical to the Harbor Freight one. They are the same price, but the same nonetheless
>>
I've got a Tosense 3 in 1 Arc welder/plasma cutter/tig machine. I took it apart and it was suspiciously painted Miller Blue inside.

Tig setting works surprisingly well (even has a foot pedal)
Plasma cutter is ass. More dross than an oxy fuel torch
Stick mode is adequate

500 bucks and has worked well for 3 years now (plasma function quit when my dog knocked it over, though.)
>>
>>1165046
I bought numerous workzone tools from lidl including a jackhammer. Honestly, it's not that bad.
>>
>>1165402
>You're the retard if you do not know what is commonly used for reslotting screws.
I'm 52 years old, and was an electrician for decades. I've never even heard of "reslotting screws".
Firefox spellcheck thinks "reslotting" isn't even a word, and Google tells me you use a Dremel tool.
Even Googling "reslotting screws mastercraft" turns up nothing but Dremel, and this thread.
Are you memeing me, friend?

>Ryobi is owned by Milwaukee's and parent company and has nothing to do with Harbor Freight.
I never said they had anything to do with HF.

>>1165411
>Ryobi just being a name, they rebadge a lot of stuff
I just looked this up for clarity.
The "real" Ryobi is a Japanese company, while the HD Ryobi-labeled tools are made by Techtronic Industries of Hong Kong.
Techtronic.bought Milwaukee in 2005. They also own Homelite, Hoover and a few other brands, but they only license the Ryobi name, and are a separate company.
>>
>>1165050
>The locking pin for the spindle keeps fucking breaking
isn't the only way to break those is by pressing it while the thing is spinning?

<3 HF angle grinders. mine still works great, on its 2nd set of brushes
got a 7" dewalt with no guard, gotta get one

got a HF jigsaw, broke the blade guide, still works great

2nd HF heat gun, works fine. first one's motor nuked one of the bronze bearings until it siezed.
>>
File: 1456963490859.jpg (77KB, 650x609px) Image search: [Google]
1456963490859.jpg
77KB, 650x609px
>>1165050
>bought HF grinder
the cheapest
>abused it for like 5 years
including (yes, you can laugh!) drywall (that means a lot of dust sucked into the tool; and lungs)
>finally broke
starting from the hole for the locking pin, the whole thing broke in two pieces
>I used it until I wore the whole disk to the core

>bought a makita to replace it
>waaay less abuse because I don't want to brake it
I might buy another HF just to abuse it
>>
>>1165384
I'm not sure about the regular brand warranty. You might be right, hand tools might be lifetime still, but I know the Maximum brand has LIFETIME WARRANTY plastered all over their products.

To be honest I've never broken any of their stuff, so I have no idea how their warranties are.
>>
>>1165046
Harbor freight
21 gal compressor (works great).
2 $9 grinders (work great).
2 self darkening welding helmets (work great).
several clamps
all sorts of air tools
2 900 watt generators work great if you do some mods.

stay away from their float chargers they will kill your battery.
>>
>>1165514
Haven't been able to find anything on their site so I'm thinking maybe they dropped it. They probably just wanted to make the maximum brand stand out so it got the warranty. Either way most shit I end up buying is maximum anyway and I've noticed less of he regular mastercraft on shelves so not really an issue
>>
>>1165483
Old jap bikes with steel fasteners into anything aluminum often get fucked, usually because some shitheel was working on it with the wrong tools, and both those metals love to seize together. Half the people I talk to don't even know what a JIS fastener is and why it matters.

Sometimes it's just faster to cut a new slot in the head if you need to, instead of using an easy out or drill.

>>1165311
I've bought a ton of CT shit and haven't had issues except for that Jobmate shit. I bought some files and they are trash. Powerfist is so hit or miss, sometimes you get OK stuff but other times it's just a joke.
>>
>>1165357
>Milwaukee
So TTI chinkshit
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.