[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i know this is a long shot, but does anyone have plans for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: bevins-sailing-rig-v3PS.jpg (1MB, 1800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
bevins-sailing-rig-v3PS.jpg
1MB, 1800x2700px
i know this is a long shot, but does anyone have plans for the Bevin skiff. i cant find any detailed plans.
pic related is all i could find.
>>
I don't, but have a bump from a fellow boat fag.

Cute little boatymcboatface
>>
>>1164876
That looks fairly simple, I would think it's possible to get what you need from there.

Just print it out and use a ruler to scale it up (1/4" = 1') or whatever size you want.
>>
>>1164876
that IS the detailed plan.
what the heck else do you need?
>>
>>1164940
>>1164941

No it's really not the plan, nor can you build it from those.

You need a loft elevation showing the profile of individual sections throughout the hull. The hull is a 3d compound curve in all dimensions.
>>
OP, on how many boatbuilding forums have you posted your question?
>>
File: 1488421199230.jpg (33KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488421199230.jpg
33KB, 600x476px
>>1164955
>nor can you build it from those

MDF makes anything possible
>>
File: popeye with a selfie stick.jpg (175KB, 1695x1728px) Image search: [Google]
popeye with a selfie stick.jpg
175KB, 1695x1728px
>>1164955
3D compound curves lel. plywood doesn't work that way.

the bottom is bent in a single plane.
the sides are rectangular boards clamped at the bow then drawn in, trimmed by eye until they fit tight at the bottom and look right at the top.
again the side boards only bend in one plane, it's the small angle of lean-out from the vertical and the trimming-to-shape that's tricked you into thinking they're compound curves.

in the laziest (and therefore BEST) construction method, you join the edges of the boards by drill-and ziptie, then tape over the seams.
>>
>>1164968

Yes, if you're making a bathtub.
>>
>>1164979
>Yes, if you're making a bathtub.

No, you're wrong, he's (>>1164968) right. This is a common technique for building small boats. I built one this way.
>>
>>1164997

I stand corrected, I've only GRP'd hulls
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.