[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should OP buy this Stanley FatMax Bit Adaptor for $15? I pla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: stanley bit adaptor.jpg (19KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
stanley bit adaptor.jpg
19KB, 800x599px
Should OP buy this Stanley FatMax Bit Adaptor for $15? I plan on using it for /diy/ /hobby stuf, nothing professional or hardcore.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162083727758
>>
>>1164538
you can get a ratchet/pistolgrip-normalgrip + bits one for the same price - FMHT0-62691(i personaly want this one)
or just a ratchet one whitout the covertability Fmht0-62690
or there are ton of diferent ones even a cheper one will do the same work - ratchet is ratchet your wrist will thank you
>>
>>1164538
This is worth the extra money, trust me
https://www.amazon.com/Williams-WRS-1-Magnetic-Ratcheting-Screwdriver/dp/B002NI1LZK/
>>
>>1164663
Give me one good reason why that is any better than what OP or first poster showed.
>>
>>1164538
>Stanley FatMax
i quite like these actually
>Bit Adaptor
bleughhh why bother.
most bits are meant to go in drills or power drivers so the ones that don't immediately chew out are real expensive.
if i were you i would buy a proper set of drivers.

if you want to do all fiddly things that you need the funny weird bits for this handle might be far too big.

if you have to ask anonymous imageboard before spending $15 perhaps you should save up a bit first.
>>
>>1164673
Because its not a cheap piece of trash like Fatmaxs are. Its the SnapOn ratcheting mechanism, williams is owned by SnapOn.

And yes, its one of the things that SnapOn does really fucking good and is worth the money.
>>
>>1164685
>cheap piece of trash
Sounds scientific. I'm sure you've investigated this thoroughly.
OR

You bought something that even the cheapest of cheap manufacturers manage to make just fine, but paid quadruple their amount, and this is your unfounded way of feeling OK about said purchase and are perpetuating that onto others.

As long as the ratcheting screwdrivers aren't dollar-store tier, they'll last forever. Anything that would break a screwdriver isn't a job for a screwdriver.
>>
File: Shillmaster.png (3MB, 1708x965px) Image search: [Google]
Shillmaster.png
3MB, 1708x965px
>>1164722
>I'm sure you've investigated this thoroughly.

You tell me
>>
>>1164730
we have the bottom stanley at work
do you have a problem with it? i think the fit&finish is pretty lacking,
i don't appreciate ratcheting screwdrivers i think they are retarded but i think the mechanism is pretty good.
the bit storage in the back is aids tier.
>>
>>1164730
Ayy lil stubby fatmax. That's my favorite for little things around the house and cars.
>>
>>1164731
I think the bit holder on both the back and the front are both awful. Seriously a problem on both of the regular stanleys
The bit holder on the fatmax is better. Still plastic threads but it doesnt just start unscrewing in the palm of your hand.

The mechanisms feel about the same, the fatmax just has some metal shoehorned onto its body which makes it twice as heavy. Im not sure I could deal with the full size one if its got that much weight

They were all kind of impulse buys as I have had the SnapOn for probably a decade now.
Its still way smoother and better feeling than the others, and long after the rubber goes bad on the screwdrivers will the Snapon still be good to go.

Im not worried about the screwdrivers breaking really.
Maybe I exaggerated "cheap piece of trash" because the fatmax is better than the standard ones.

Still if you are going to buy something, you can get a made in the USA counterpart that is of higher quality and youll never ever need to replace it. Its actually regarded, even by people who hate snapon as one of the tools that is pretty great and worth the money.

The Williams just doesnt have the Snapon warranty which is why its 20$ cheaper than the Snapon one. They are the same brand
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.