[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An old friend came into town 2 days ago and we got drunk at my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

An old friend came into town 2 days ago and we got drunk at my apartment. I dont smoke cigarettes and never had let anyone smoke in here. I guess I was drunk and told him he could smoke because at the time I was drunk and didnt care. Well i got home from work today and it smells like a fucking ashtray, every damn room. Anyone have any ideas how to remove this smell? Im gonna do the normal wipe down and mop. Might spray some kind of odor neutralizer into the hvac system while its running to get it into the vents.
>>
Febreze and ozium everywhere, like a lot. Used these in a used smokers car I bought and within 2 weeks of soaking everything every day the smell was completely gone, even my wife who hated being in the car from the smoke now loves it and said she couldn't smell it at all anymore.
>>
>>1164519
Thanks, i forgot about ozium...i bet thats gonna work.
>>
There's no perfect solution, anything you do will just be damage control, cigarette smoke is fucking disgusting. I'm a smoker but am fanatical about keeping smoke out of my house and truck.
>>
Just make a back draft for couple of hours.
>>
>>1164530
Back draft?....you mean open up all my windows?
>>
>>1164515
Dude just wait it out. Cleaning and opening windows will help but most things that you can smell are volitile compounds and by definition wont smell for very long. Quit being a sperg and chill the fuck out. Smoke some weed while you wait for the smell to go away.
>>
>>1164580
I bought a used car and the previous owner was a smoker, it has been 3 months, a heavy cleaning, and it still smells like a motel 6 room
>>
>>1164515

Lots of good suggestions, but don't forget the easy one -- change all your HVAC filters immediately. In addition to the other stuff.
>>
Burn some bacon with all your windows closed.

/thread

No really. This works.
>>
>>1164515
If you have company coming over soon go with ozium. If not just wait it out and stop being gay.
>>
>>1164515
Itll go away
The typical "smokers" stench takes a prolonged amount of smoking in a house to build up.
>>
Put bowls of coffee grounds all over the house.
>>
>>1164820
This or bags like from a hotel works great. Helped when my grandpa died so it works well.
>>
>>1164515
There's this shit called Odor-Ban at Home Depot. Works pretty good. Might be Odo-Ban, not sure. Used it on a shitty couch I got from this methhead bitch my Dad was boinking on the side, the thing reeked like cigarettes, but after emptying about two little bottles of the stuff into it the thing smelled pretty decent.

That was two bottles for a leather sectional, though. Don't know what you'd need for a whole apartment.

My Dad and his friends did stink up my house with cigarettes right when I moved into it, though, and opening all of the windows on a windy day for a few hours fixed it.
>>
>>1164515
Kind of derailing the thread but the only thing I don't like about that typical smoker smell is that usually its because cheap junkies who only smoke cheap tobacco. I don't have a problem with good tobacco.

If it were me then I think a good start is to wash every fabric item in the room because fabrics are like an odor sponge man. Then if its still bad pinpoint where the smell is coming from and then proceed to wash as necessary.
>>
>>1164872
I get nostalgic and really enjoy a very specific tobacco smell because my grandfather was a smoker. I cant describe it, but when it hits me it just takes me back.

I loved the smell of smoke when I went to his house. My grandmother never smoked.
Its really rare when I smell it, probably has a lot to do with the overall smell of their house mixed with the smoke.

Its weird and I shouldnt enjoy it because he quite literally died of lung cancer in his early 60s, but it takes me right back.
>>
>>1164889
I'm with you anon. For me it's bacon and eggs cooking and cigarette smoke: it's like I'm 12 again.

Just open the windows OP. It'll air out quicker than you think. Hell, it's your cheapest alternative, you might as well try it first.
>>
>>1164519
>>1164521
i smoke in my truck with windows down and whenever i park afterwards i spray ozium. it gets rid of 95% of the smell. i apply to the headliner mostly since smoke rises
>>
I bought a car from a smoker. I put baking soda everywhere I could and waited a day, then vacuumed it up. Got rid of most of the smell.
>>
>>1164580
>t. inconsiderate smoker
>>
>>1164515
did anyone say ozone machine? 120$ for something that will do a room in a few hours.
>>
>>1164872
You nailed it. OP here. I think what made it so bad is he was smoking Pall Mall turkish golds. They smell like a fucking homeless shelter.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.