[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

86/5000 How to do this? How much will I spend approximately?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

86/5000
How to do this?
How much will I spend approximately?

This is my great material dream
>>
300k plus lot. More if its in a commie state that needs tens of thousands for permits to get permits to apply for permits.
>>
>>1163695
This is a shithole. I will build u this for 200k and rape u
>>
>>1163699
What permits? I would be inside my legally purchased lot lol
>>
>>1163701
???
>>
>>1163699
300k?

If I start from scratch?

Only with a lot full of bush?
>>
>>1163708
more like 100k for the utilities, permits, and site work.

another 300k for the cuck box.
>>
>>1163709
Totally depends on location. In the midwest 300k would get you that eyesore from a bare lot baring any palm greasing money to get past building codes.

How does the garage work on the left of OP's pic? Do you drive your call up onto the deck then like turn right and back into it?
>>
>>1163711
op here

can i do something like this photo with much less resources?
>>
>>1163716
Print it out on a posterboard and set it in a field. Sit in front of it and use your hands to block out the view of everything else. Then, don't talk to me or my son ever again.
>>
more photos
>>
File: 141[1].jpg (224KB, 690x450px) Image search: [Google]
141[1].jpg
224KB, 690x450px
>>1163711
>How does the garage work on the left of OP's pic? Do you drive your call up onto the deck then like turn right and back into it?

Its a drive through garage, i.e. op's pic is the back yard and the door is to get the mower/furniture through.

Pic related is the front
>>
File: plans-1[1].jpg (84KB, 850x605px) Image search: [Google]
plans-1[1].jpg
84KB, 850x605px
Its a renovation
>>
>>1163703
You can't just do what you want on your property (muh freedoms) You need to get the county to come in and look at what you're planning to do, and where you're planning to do it, and give you the ok, or they'll fine you and make you tear it down.

The only way around that is if you live innawoods, and no one's going to come knocking, but even then you're still liable to get fucked by them.
>>
>>1163834
This
>>
>>1163836
>curva house
>whore house
>>
>>1163716
no. all the money is going into those high quality finish materials. the pool alone is probably 100k.

that white Ipod looking crap, the glass, the fact that its a solid slab foundation. there is a fuckton of custom fabrication in that place.
>>
>>1163974

omg

I would have to save about two thousand dollars a month for twenty years to build something like this.

Twenty fucking years

I just wanted to improvise or do something like this for less
>>
>>
Mid-century modern custom builds like this always break the bank. Custom plans and design. Nothing is standard size, nothing off-the-shelf. All those curved lines are super labor intensive to accomplish. Then add 30% architect fees on top of everything else. Your best bet is to use the Curva house for inspiration, and try to build it using "normal" mass construction materials and techniques. Everyones got a dream. Hope you find yours.
>>
File: ModernHomePlans_0015.jpg (10KB, 213x275px) Image search: [Google]
ModernHomePlans_0015.jpg
10KB, 213x275px
>>1164316
Not op, but how much would more conservative mid century model homes cost to build? By more conservative, I mean no crazy curves or super exotic materials. Something like pic related as an example.
>>
concrete is cheap right now and probably for the next few years.

if you accept to use 80% more of your structure in concrete you could afford those 16k$ wall to wall windows.

forget about those curves.
>>
>>1164349
Depends. Who much does labor and materials cost where you want to build it?
>>
>>1164349
I could supply the materials to that for ~70,000.

No slab, no plumbing, no electrical, no HVAC.

All your framing, trusses, windows, doors, siding, roof material.
>>
>>1164370
In most of North America.
>>
>>1164316
"normal" mass construction materials and techniques?

and whats the difference?
>>
>>1164363
Op here
Can you tell me the main and basic materials used there ?
And especially those of the curves
>>
>>1164385
Probably some steel frame construction with some fancy new PVC siding shit or something.
>>
>>1164349
This is p much unrelated but that is literally the house plan I grew up in.
Shits weird.
>>
>>1164400
Looks like a catalogue plan that is copypasted everywhere during that time so it could just be a popular design
>>
>>1163973
>>curva house
>>whore house
Yeah in your meme language maybe.
Otherwise it just means to bend.
>>
>>1164401
Oh yeah, for sure. You occasionally can find catalogues of them in libraries.
It just made me double take.
>>
>>1164477
https://archive.org/details/ModernHomePlans

I found it in here actually.
>>
>>1164480
Oh wow, that shit is so comfy to read for some reason
>>
>>1164480
great
>>
>>1164363
This. Those windows and doors are high price, plus the steel work to enable you to actually hold the weight of the structure over your curtain walls
>>
>>1164744
How to simulate the visual with concrete?
>>
>>1164133
or save 200000 a month for 2 months. poorfags lmao
>>
>>1164428
>meme language
>>
>>1163699
Be careful with permits and picking land OP, my brother built a house on his own land ended up getting find 300 grand by the army core of engineers because he built the shit a few inches on protected wet lands kek. He almost ended up homeless.
>>
>>1164775
>Slavic

>Not meme languages
>>
>>1164744
>Those windows and doors are high price, plus the steel work to enable you to actually hold the weight of the structure over your curtain walls

All true, but somebody should point out that with a few design changes, he could have something that approximates that look for a lot less. (Like, for example, change the windows to have approximately the same overall size but composed of individual windows that are in a more common size.)
>>
>>1163695
House seems too small and pool way too big.
>>
>>1164809
>House seems too small
Its four bedroom, has a formal dining room, a normal dining room, a living room, a sitting room, and a butlers pantry attached to the kitchen. How much space do you need?
>>
>>1164809
Its California man. The outside is part of the house. I hate these families of 4 in the Midwest / Texas who live in the ugly >3000 SF McMansions.

Probably take you a weekend to clean the fucking thing.
>>
To OP.

Construction Industry Professional here.

The architect who designed that place probably wouldn't even get out of bed for less than $100k. The glass is an easy $25k, plus the pool is $75k. Plus in California you have to buy off your neighbors before you can even do heavy construction. I lived in Laguna Beach and I had to pay a $25k Construction Tax just to get started.
>>
>>1164821
>>1164818
>>1164816
>>1164809

Op here
I understood, friends.
The point is that I wouldnt mind almost completely taking the costs off the front of the house because I thnik doing something absolutely simple at the front because I didnt like the front as i liked the backyard

What really interested me was the backyard.
>>
i liked
>>
>>1164816
Machine shop. Paint booth. Wood shop. Electronics workshop. Darkroom.
>>
>>1165337
I feel like most of those could be combined into one mega-room
>>
>>1165354
You don't want metal fillings in any of those rooms. Or sawdust. It's easier and better for everyone if you dont combine your electronics workshop with a darkroom.
>>
>>1165337
>Darkroom
>2017
jesus christ, just die
>>
>>1163917
This is true and it sucks. My uncle wanted to extend his living room to the front porch. He did it without asking and finished it. They came weeks later to fuck with him. Not sure what ended up happening though. I'm sure he just had to pay some fines. I think some neighbor ratted him out or something.
>>
>>1165337
>Machine shop. Paint booth. Wood shop. Electronics workshop. Darkroom.
All those things I'd prefer to have in a separate building to a house.
>>
>>1163695
Yeah. Id say well under half a mill. the problem is a this odd architectural shit. Curves and missing walls mean twice the work in other areas. Pools are fuck expensive.

I haf a discussion like this withbmy father. One of those on the fly conversations nobody really gives a second thought until yiu are 31 and nibody remembers it. Meanwhile u based your fucking life around it. Kek.

Sorry for the blog post. Long story not so short i guess one of my favorite past tines was going to stand in line for 4 hours and eat at casa bonita in tulsa oklahoma as a kid. Growing up in a trailer park i always envied my grand parents. Grandma managed about 30+ rental properties and grandpa was seemingly on the winning end of the tech war as a top guy with IBM. They were the definition of working class rich. They took us to casa bonita once and my grandpa said "we wanna eat in the cave." The hostess laughed and said that was booked for like 90 days. He just opens his wallet in 1995 and hands her $2,000 and says mam, you dont understand. We wanna eat in the cave. And id hate to cost you a job so i will also offer you a new one making twice what you do here doing the same or less work.

We ate in the cave. To my knowledge she is some sort of middle class manager with no education making like 200k now.

We ate in the cave.

In reality my fake grandpa who i dont have contact with bribed a waitress so we could eat ina plastic cave.
>>
>>1165443
Kek. Fat thumbed my post. Long story short being rich is perception. Precending shit makes my story gay and annoying.

Long story short as a poor kid i had an annual look into what rich kids do. Chuck-e-cheese, etc.... we ate dinner in that fake cave and i told my dad i wanted to live in one just like it. He pretty much said it was retarded but if i really wanted to i could if i worked hard enough. Kinda became an obsession. Now i am pricing backhoes.

Diy jokes about living underground.

I will diy ina cave in or die in my dream home.
>>
>>1163917
This is completely up to zoning regulations. Some counties are strict, other counties don't give a fuck.
>>
>>1163973
Detecting a lot of Modernist hate here.

That design is all about the finish, and the finish is entirely custom and more expensive than it looks. Building the floorplan for $300k? Yes. Finishing it to the standard of the pic? I hope you got money, or a ton of fab/finish experience.
>>
>>1165444
Funny how our childhood obsessions seem to follow us into adulthood.
>>
>>1166377
>bump
Why?
>>
>>1165607
Yeah this. None of those photos is off the shelf stuff, this is custom made and custom paid.
>>
>>1164865

If you're serious you should be talking to contractors. If you are doing itself and can't figure it out without consulting 4chan then you are going to be in for major issues.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.