[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to build an atomic shelter. [Pic related] Hello /DIY/, In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How to build an atomic shelter.
[Pic related]

Hello /DIY/,
In my garden I have a concrete cistern that I would like to build into a bunker, do you know how I could do it?
>>
>>1163582
just make it into an oubliette. if you forget about your captive they'll drown in the next rain - problem solved.
>>
>>1163599
Thanks !
>>
>>1163582
It won't be big enough. You need to be down there for 3-7 days which means you need a bed food water and waste storage for at least 10 days
>>
just bury a shipping container
>>
>>1163582
At what distanxe from a nuclear explosion will these keep me safe?
>>
>>1163806
Oh i live in corsica so there's no risk so i thinks it's ok
>>
>>1163837
You have NATO base nearby. I was pondering moving to sardinia. I visited corsica in 2015, i really really liked it. Got along well with the locals, too.
>>
>>1163872
Thank you :) yes corsica is beautiful i know i don't speak very good english sorry
>>
>>1163872
I was wondering, in the event of a nuclear problem, what would be my to survive. And I am very supersticious about this kind of question thank you anyway for your answers! If you have other advice to give me do not hesitate
>>
>>1164224
there is little benefit to concrete for radiation blocking, dirt is 2/3 as effective and costs you nothing essentially, steel is more effective than concrete per thickness at shielding just fyi.
so really you don't need to do anything to a concrete prefab other than bury it at its maximum depth to enhance shielding.
surviving the blast is another matter entirely.
within a few miles your bunker will not survive, end of story. the shockwave will destroy it. further out the shockwaves are still dangerous but padding your bunker with plenty of gravel will absorb shockwaves rather than the stiff concrete causing stresses.

ideally you want some way to filter or block the air, pressure sensitive valves are fun but costly. enough water and food to last you the week or two you are under. you can breathe air from outside much sooner than it is safe to be outside depending on weather conditions, so you need a radio too and make sure it works underground, maybe a few external antennae for redundancy.
consider co2 scrubbers and power generators if you are serious. oh and a bucket in the corner to shit into.

but a cistern fuck that shit man.
>>
>>1163582
You are aware that concrete is also made out of atoms?
>>
>>1164379
This is fine. US military knows how to stop the atoms now.
>>
https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Check your distance. It may not save you.
>>
Make sure you remove the kids corpses from your dungeon first.
>>
File: 1437497111476.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1437497111476.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
There are 3 things to guard against in a nuclear explosion:
1. The initial detonation
2. The shock wave
3. The fallout.
I can't give you more, but follow these 3 and you can make yourself a shelter. If it was me, I'd use my basement, fortified.
>>
Remember to build a faraday cage around your bunker to prevent your eletronics from frying by the nuke's EMP, just do this by having a a metal around the bunker with no holes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.