[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you you guys know of any good resources for someone who wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (45KB, 417x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 417x425px
do you you guys know of any good resources for someone who wants to work on a 50cc chinese scooter? ive got the manual but its kind of written in engrish and ive got 0 experience working on engines beyond the most basic shit.
>>
should i just watch youtube videos?
>>
>>1163164
Yup. Or buy new. Or convert electric. Or buy harbor freight predators
>>
File: IMG_20140802_152514142.jpg (113KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140802_152514142.jpg
113KB, 800x450px
Look for a copy of the service manual, that'll have the info you need. Torque specs, process for dis- and re-assembly, usually a little more in-depth wiring diagrams than the owners manual.

Biggest thing to pay attention to in a 4-stroke is the timing.
My moto (525cc single) has a cam chain, with the piston at TDC there's two marks on the gear that line up with the edges of the head.
Generator (127cc single) has a couple of gears that drive the cam, those gears have one-dot on one gear that sits between two dots on adjacent teeth of the next gear. It can only go one way, but if you're not looking closely you won't see the marks on the gears.

Bolts that are in a pattern (Head, case halves, clutch cover, stator cover, etc) all need even torque. Doesn't matter as much that they're torqued exactly to spec as much as it is that they're all torqued the same.

30cc syringe full of oil is real helpful for reassembling.
Make sure all your bearings are well oiled before putting things together.

Otherwise ... find a buddy that's raced snowmobiles/motorcycles/atvs/etc; they'll have a real good idea of how to deal with a small motor like that.
>>
>>1163203
thanks anon!
>>
can you tell me what type of motor? I might have manuals for the 'minarelli' style 50cc from all the years racing with our kids.

is it 2 stoke or 4?
>>
>>1163927
Probably 2 stroke
>>
>>1163164
>someone who wants to work on a 50cc chinese scooter?
>chinese scooter
>the manual but its kind of written in engrish
>0 experience working on engines beyond the most basic shit
You are going to die on motorised chink shit... I'm kidding but be prepared to replace a lot of stuff and make sure to check/replace a lot of the bolts, and keep in mind replacing the parts will probably suck because of no-name china manufacturers.
>>
Scooter forums exist. This is not a scooter forum. All you need is on the internet. Parts are cheap and plentiful via Ebay.

Seriously. Use a fucking search engine. https://www.google.com/search?q=scooter+forums&oq=scooter+forums&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3711j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=chinese+scooter+forums

Chinkshit is pretty maintainable since they share many parts.

Also search "scooter forum" and search your ENGINE family when you find out what it is.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.