/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need assistance here: I have finalized a concept and practical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: product-development.png (133KB, 2217x1346px) Image search: [Google]
product-development.png
133KB, 2217x1346px
Need assistance here: I have finalized a concept and practical schematic for a product, but given that my engineering area (electrical) has nothing to do with the areas required to building a prototype. I'm effectively stumped and can't progress from here, and I need a prototype to polish the details and apply for a patent.

What are my options here? What do people do in these situations?
>>
File: Patent_Bingo!.jpg (24KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Patent_Bingo!.jpg
24KB, 340x340px
you ask for advice on a board full of practical people wot build shit. They spend a few posts asking wtf it is/does/made of/etc. - none of which you can answer, because Pic Related. Everyone gives up.
tldr - if you want something built? try providing info. No one GAF about stealing your idea, we heard it all before. The ideas the easy part.
>>
>>1161869
I'm not asking for advice to build it since it's far beyond the practical limit for a 4chan-based help, I am merely asking what one would do in this situation, where they need a functioning prototype but can't build one without professional assistance.
>>
>>1161876
You pay for professional assistance, duh.
Or learn the required skills, get the required tools and materials and make it yourself.
>>
>>1161876
Git gud or pay someone who is gud
>>
>>1161884
>>1161885
Elaborate
>>
>>1161889
If your schematic is good enough, you go to a machine shop, injection molding company or whatever and ask them to make it.
If they point and laugh, you go to an engineering office and ask them to improve your design.
Or if it's a complex product requiring all kinds of stuff and you don't really know where to start, engineering office is again the correct place.

You can also try your luck with schools, either officially or by advertising your shit as a job opportunity to students. Or hobbyists.
>>
>>1161896
>Or if it's a complex product requiring all kinds of stuff and you don't really know where to start
The schematics are detailed but it's just too much from too many areas. I'm going to try my Uni first, maybe someone in the departments can help. I'm willing to give up a percentage of future sales in order to get it done so I hope that as a final resort engineering offices accept that as payment.

Advertising seems nice enough, but don't I have to make people sign a NDA before seeing it?
>>
>>1161898
>I'm willing to give up a percentage of future sales
That's, like, super generous and shit.
You might be able to scam some student or hobbyist into that, but engineering offices and schools want real money, not empty promises.

>but don't I have to make people sign a NDA before seeing it?
Obviously you can't keep everything secret if you're going to advertise the job publicly, but there's no need to tell every little detail before deciding whether you hire dude X or not. You can then make them to sign an NDA and tell the rest.
See also >>1161869.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.