[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I propose a new board called /difm/ "Do it for me"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: drhorrible.jpg (23KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
drhorrible.jpg
23KB, 300x400px
I propose a new board called /difm/ "Do it for me" since most posts here are of that type.
>>
>Bumps a thread off the board to bitch
Concerned about the quality of /diy/ OPs, are ya?
>>
/google/ for half the threads

>ask for opinions. but id still rather do it the wrong way
for the other half

nobody post enough project pics either , holy fuck every other thread is
>i got this pic from google, but mines the same except for all these differences
>>
>>1161750
Yes, I'm all for helping people who show initiative and look like they want to try, but when people come here and are all
>I want to build this thing but I really don't ,I just want one, and don't want to put in the time to learn.

Jesus people, pretend your on a desert island strew with the wreckage of your jumbo jet and you need to build something to get off the island or be rescued. Figure it out.
>>
Fantastic idea anon!
Have you submitted your idea to chinkymute? Or shall I instead?
>>
File: 1489799249639.jpg (30KB, 473x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489799249639.jpg
30KB, 473x496px
>>1161736
>just now realizing that this board is inherently useless and that 99% of the threads could be figured out on their own if you googled it

Bravo OP
People google shit, come here and ask the same thing hoping to spark a discussion to either confirm what they found or get more insight.

Thats literally how this board is supposed to work.
You complain about the quality of the board now, but you want to ship of 90% of the threads and users to another board?
Somehow that will make the board better?

Your logic is astounding, you might as well try and get the board removed.
>>
File: embarrassing.jpg (164KB, 1262x592px) Image search: [Google]
embarrassing.jpg
164KB, 1262x592px
>>1161823
>People google shit, come here and ask the same thing hoping to spark a discussion to either confirm what they found or get more insight.

bullshit they do not, and if you think they do then you need to lurk more.

some examples:
>Hey I want to convert this air compressor in to a gasoline engine how do?
>I want to build something, I have no skilz tell me exactly how do it all steps plez.
>>1153842
>>1161147
>>1158923
>>1157491
>>1155444
this gem >>1155226
>>1160650

80% of what is posted here is not "hey check out my project, I may need some help" it's "Hey I'm too lazy to do any googleing, buy tools, or even try, so tell me step by step how to do something with no tools, experience or effort... plez"
>>
File: 1491787039779.png (851KB, 1273x712px) Image search: [Google]
1491787039779.png
851KB, 1273x712px
>>1161834
You idea that a thread should be
>"hey check out my project, I may need some help"

You can literally tell him to fuck off and google it, if he spent more time to google it he would have his problem fixed. And its a correct assumption, NO problem cant be figured out if people spent the time to google it regardless if they post a picture or not.

Believe it or not, you can google and research something for a while and not grasp the idea or concept. Its why people go onto a forum and post on it.

What if you googled something like
>>Hey I want to convert this air compressor in to a gasoline engine how do?
And obviously couldnt find a good answer?

Instead of a discussion with OP, instead of having a good time and potentially a fun or funny thread we have retards like you trying to stunt discussion.

Telling me to lurk moar is a fucking joke.
Ive been here since day 1, people USED to actually help people out around here. If they were assholes, their thread would slowly but surely die as nobody would respond to it.
If they were ignorant but willing to listen the threads sometimes would blossom and last for months.

Nowadays we have people like you projecting some arbitrary baseline of knowledge onto posters and inferring the amount of work they may or may not have already put into something and try to shut people down.

You know, people who could eventually learn and become very /diy/ and knowledgeable, turning into great posters?
>>
Plumber here

I used to post detailed replies to every plumbing and HVAC question

A good 90% of the threads were asking for advice and used stock photos instead of their own shit

Response was always along the lines of
>I can't do that for reasons

Then call a fucking professional, you dumb fucking nigger. Why even make this thread and waste precious kilobytes of internet if you had no intention of attempting to fix it.
>>
>>1161856
it is obvious that you are not a regular here.
>>
>>1161860
Tube radio guy here.

Same thing people ask for "help" they don't google, you tell them what to do to get an old tube radio or stereo working and the response is the same.
>>
>>1161922
same here for trying to help people with car issues.
>>
My favorite threads are where someone asks a legitimate question, gives all the right info and even includes pictures of what is troubling him.

Then some anons feel the need to google generic answers for his question because they feel a need to post. The information tends to be bad, or just doesn't answer the question at all. Then they feel a need to argue with people who actually know what they're talking about.

Happens a lot in threads about home electrical, cars, carpentry.

Or just generally not reading the op but responding with an answer.

Hypothetically
>an electrician came through and said my house wasn't grounded even though I have 3 prong outlets. He pulled out a tester and showed me. Is this common?
Which will get responses like
>green or bare wire is always ground
>if you don't know what you're doing call an electrician, you'll burn your house down
>just connect ground to your neutral wire, it's the same thing
>typical americunt wiring
>>
>>1162291
Also, op bumps every 5 minutes, then when someone actually posts an answer a few hours later he's not around to see it.
>>
>>1161918
I started and keep up one of the Generals on here.
>>
>>1162280
>>1161922
>>1161860
I guess we are all in agreement
Kill off the whole board since there is no use for it?
We have all decided that OPs are incapable of being helped, so we have stopped helping. Why does this board exist?
>>
>>1162331
bro quit taking the black pill and exaggerating things. having a kekish board like /google/ would be a good meme for this board.
>>
>>1161736
Hey can you fix this board for me?
>>
>>1161834

>and this gem
Kek! I haven't even opened that thread, I can just feel how bad it has to suck.

Some of the problems here are that there are a lot of guys older than 18 here, and we HAVE to tell the young fucks how to do shit, it's just how dads operate.

Some of you guys are forgetting that there are a decent number of threads where the OP has a brain, posts a good question, gets 6-10 replies that actually answer his question, then the thread dies because it served its purpose. This board does a decent job a lot of the time, I'm going to say it's one of the "nicest" and most helpful on the site. Some of us need to find the sense of humor we had at 18 though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.