[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought some gravity boots at a yard sale, they let you hang

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 81JA0h-lc0L._SX355_.jpg (25KB, 355x349px) Image search: [Google]
81JA0h-lc0L._SX355_.jpg
25KB, 355x349px
So I bought some gravity boots at a yard sale, they let you hang upside down from a pull-up bar. I thought they seemed fine but later when I got home I found that the foam pads were coming loose from the plastic housing, see the picture I've attached, those are the ones that I have. Apparently the adhesive that attaches the foam pads to the gravity boot plastic housing has melted, I think they were left in a car trunk on a very hot day or something to a similar effect and now the back of the foam and the inside of the plastic housing have this horribly sticky residue all over the inside of the gravity boots and foam pads. I tried spraying it with a fuck ton of goo be gone, I mean completely drenched it and let it sit for 3 days, hoping by then the goo be gone would have dissolved the entire sticky residue. After the 3 days the goo was marginally better at best, there is still a lot of it left. I'm basically handling them in a wash basin sink while wearing latex gloves and safety glasses because this stuff is just that sticky I don't want any of it on me.

My question is this, do you guys know of anything way stronger than goo be gone that I could soak this stuff in, tie in a plastic bag and let it dissolve all of the sticky goo? If I can't find something to clean this up I basically have to throw away these gravity boots. Thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly help me out with my problem.
>>
scrape it off with some elbow grease, kid

stop being so lazy, kid
>>
Throw them away and buy new ones
>>
I'm considering trying an industrial degreaser.
>>
Carburetor cleaner.

Thank me later.
>>
Brake cleaner or isopropyl alcohol. Strong Citrus cleaners are good for breaking down glues too
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.