[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other tool similar to the Dremel 3000? I'm looking for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: descarga (18).jpg (3KB, 216x151px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (18).jpg
3KB, 216x151px
Any other tool similar to the Dremel 3000?
I'm looking for something cheaper but with a similar power, i need it for making a CNC
>>
>>1160684
You won't be happy with the out come. They don't have the bearings needed for axial loading of milling.
>>
>>1160686
The bearings for the Tool?
>>
>>1160688
Correct. If you want a cheap head for a cnc setup look into a wood router. They have more power and better bearings than dremel-like tools. Can be found cheaply at garage sales and cl.
>>
>>1160691
Thanks folk
>>
>>1160684
>i need it for making a CNC
Rotary tools are mini die grinders and are meant for high speed low torque. You can't really apply more force than the weight of the tool without bogging the motor. As already mentioned in this thread, the bearing on most rotary tools is the plastic body of the tool itself. Plus you're limited to 1/8" collets. Just don't do it man, terrible idea.
>>
>>1160684
OP I've made a CNC with a aDremel, depending on what you are doing its fine for starters. I make cockpit panels for a flight sim, plexi is just fine, wood if fine too.

You can buy different collets to change the size.

I am now looking at upgrading to a plunge router, take all the plastic off to leave the motor and spindle.

Not sure how much cheaper you want cos dreamers are pretty cheap, but look up 800w adjustable speed routers.
>>
>>1160684
>Dremel
>something cheaper

Harbor Freight has something cheaper but it has an absolute shit duty cycle. Dremel is about the cheapest piece of crap you can get that can still have an okay duty cycle. Though the variable speed ones aren't very good when it comes to duty cycle. The single speed ones are much tougher.

You need a dedicated motor for CNC. Don't cheap out on it. Even a small router would be better.
>>
>>1160686
I keep hearing this. What exactly is the difference (physical design) between a bearing in a rotary tool versus a dedicated router?
>>
>>1160684
buy the exact same thing that is made of black plastic with a red sticker and labled craftsman
>>
>>1161235
one is a roller bearing while the other is just a journal.
>>
>>1161235
Radial load rating. The bearing in my haas mill could double as a semi truck axle bearing. The stiffer the bearing the less chatter and greater repeatably.
>>
>>1160684
Just buy a shitty palm router on craigslist or something. Probably cheaper than a dremel.
>>
>>1161235
Many full-size routers start at 1.5 HP and spin at around 25,000 RPM. They take two hands to operate and need somewhere around 8+ amps to operate.

A Dremel 100 spins at about 35,000 RPM but takes a little over 1 amp to operate and can be used with one hand.
>>
>>1160684
>making a cnc

Just rent a dremel man
>>
>>1160684
check hilda or maxman on aliexpress
>>
WEN
>>
>>1160684

heres a 1/2" shank router with a 1/4" radius carbide roundover bit used to round the edges on a steel hand wheel

https://youtu.be/b5doYjuDN_s?t=537
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.