[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have 2 gutters that dump water into back yard >1 gutter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

>have 2 gutters that dump water into back yard
>1 gutter on each side of house that dumps into side yard
>yard slopes so this is something i wish to fix

I want to redirect the flow of them with some pipe i plan to burry. Hard line pipe so it only handles rain water from my gutter and not underground water.

The issue is that on one side of the house when i get to the front i will have a total of 4 gutters hooked up and dumping into one pipe.

My fear is that that heavy of waterflow will kill off grass and make a trench in my yard so i was thinking of putting a spilt into my pipe and running flex hose to 3 or 4 different drains that i plan to put in the front of my wifes flower bed.

But im not really sure how to make it work and look good. I dont want to have ugly pipes sitcking out. so i had though of doing somehting like pic related but hooked up to the flex hose. I could paint and bury most of the hose hooking up to the back of it. my concern is that it might not be enough to keep the water from doing damage to my property.
>>
Seems like you have this figured out
>>
>>1159981
Idk how much room you have to work with but have you considered installing a dry well? It' s a good amount of work but will solve your problem and give you peace of mind.
>>
>>1159981
The backside of my house had some issues with drainage.

I buried a six inch schedule 80 pipe that takes all the down spouts off the back of the house and combines them to a single outlet. past the foundation. To prevent the issue of trenching or damage to the grass it runs off into a gravel pit about 18 inches long.

That and when I buried the pipe I surrounded it with gravel under a stone path to aid in drainage.

You can also use a perforated pipe to reduce the amount of water coming out the end if you want.

So far, even after a hurricane we didn't have any issues from the water damaging the lawn.

>>1159989
depending on your zoning laws, that might require permits or not be allowed at all.
>>
>>1159984

Well im not sure how well a split would work. Its not like i want EXACTLY %25 of the water going out of 4 spouts each. but would putting 2 stages of Y's in the buried line split the water evenly enough?

Also i will need to bring the waterflow from underground back above ground to go out of these. Its all still below the downspout level so i doubt it will be a backup issue but would standing water in the pipes be a breeding ground for bugs?

Was thinking of using landsacping timbers to make a boarder to help keep the mulch in and make mowing / triming easier but no idea how that would look with these things interupting it though i could go with a small boarder fence or some fancy blocks that i set into the ground.

>>1159989

I had considered that. But i dont have enough space to do one and feel good about it.

If i go far enough away from my foundation then i would just be making in my neighbors problem and im not that much of a dick.
>>
>>1159981

have you calculated your roof size and punched the numbers to see how much water you will be potentially dumping per rain? you could easily end up dumping hundreds of galleons of water into one spot, effectively flooding it if you aren't careful.

the way regular gutters work is that they shoot water out which spreads itself throughout your yard. Dumping all the water in one spot through a pipe will create ponds if your soil isnt very porous.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.